Chapter 45 - Bookworm

"You murdered her, sensei....."

"She deserved it."

"But there was no need to have gone that far....."

"Why are you standing up for her? She almost raped you. Besides, she even had the audacity to call up a student from her class for intercourse."

"Such strong words, sensei....."

Our conversation was cut short by the primal groaning of Hoshinomiya-sensei, who was sprawled back on her chair, clutching her butt with both her hands.

"Sae-chan....."

"Shut up, pervert."

"You know I was joking....."

"But you pulled out your mobile phone to call Ichinose from your class, did you not? I'm afraid the call even might have connected," Chabashira-sensei retorted. "I wouldn't be surprised if Ichinose came down to the faculty office now."

"But I didn't tell her anything! You snatched my phone and assaulted me!" Hoshinomiya-sensei mumbled. "I'll file you for domestic violence, Sae-chan....."

"I think we can ignore her now, Takeyama," Chabashira-sensei replied, and she led me into her cubicle. She closed the door behind her.

I looked at the half-dead teacher one last time, before I turned to face my homeroom teacher.

"What is this private thing you wanted to talk about?" she got straight to the point.

"I'm sorry if I'm intruding, sensei, but do you mind telling me more about how 'Class C went to hell' during your years in this school?"

Chabashira-sensei stopped midway while sitting down in her chair, and silently stared at me.

"Why are you asking me this? I've said it before — I'm not liable to give you such confidential information."

"You lost 300 Class Points that year, am I right?"

Sensei widened her eyes, and almost tripped on her own heels. If I hadn't been there to catch her in time, she might have even injured herself.

"Sensei, are you alright?"

Never had I seen such a weak side of Chabashira-sensei before. She had completely rested her entire body weight onto me. I felt something soft brush and push against my chest, but this was not the time to be thinking about something like that.

"I'm..... I'm fine. Just a little PTSD," sensei replied, and I helped her sit down on the chair. "Thank you," she mumbled.

"I'm sorry for bringing up such a sensitive topic, sensei. I'll take my leave."

"No, please don't," she breathed out, and she motioned for me to sit down as well. 

Albeit a bit uncomfortable, I slowly took my seat in front of the teacher.

The silence in the room was overwhelming. Neither of us broke the silence.

"It was 9 years ago," sensei finally started. "We were in our last year of our Third Year, and we were in Class C. Chie was there as well.

There was a Special Exam held that year. It first came off as simple, but it soon turned into a nightmare for Class C. But it wasn't supposed to be that bad. Just one decision. One wrong decision from my side, pummeled my entire class. The boys were at each other throats, the girls were accusing each other of treachery. Class C was destroyed that year. Chie almost killed me that year. We shared dorms back then. I smashed the hopes and dreams of everyone in my class."