Chapter 19: Pink Lights

Dal mi's POV

"So I was thinking, since I played such a huge role in your successful marketing, don't you think I deserve a portion of Samsan Tech's shares? Hm?" Cheon Ho nags.

The rest of us remain quiet and focused on our work. We completely ignore Cheon Ho.

"Hello? CEO Seo? Hmm? I deserve more shares, hmm? Hmm?" Cheon ho whines.

"Cheon Ho ah," Do san looks up from his computer, clearly irritated. "I give you three seconds to get out..." Do san holds up three fingers.

"One..." Do san counts.

"Two..."

"Ah!" I suddenly sit up as I remember something. I look at Cheon Ho. "Cheon ho. I need to ask you something."

"Oh, it must be about the shares." Cheon ho says happily as I drag him out of the office.

"What? They turned pink?" Cheon ho asks. I've dragged him out of the office to ask what it means when the emotion transistors that he brought turn pink.

I can't stop thinking of that night when I sat with Ji pyeong at the balcony and the emotion transistors on our fingers turned pink.

"I'm not sure... you know..." Cheon ho says and pretends to stroke his non-existent beard. He's always been quite eccentric.

"Give me a second." He says and whips out his phone.

"Hello?" He barks into his phone. "It's me, Cheon ho ah! Do you remember the emotion transistors that we had? Mmm yes, those. Do you have the full list of colours and what they mean? Yes? What does the pink colour represent?" He asks. He nods. "Oh. Oh yes, okay. I see." He says happily and hangs up.

"So, what does pink mean?" I ask eagerly.

"I'm not telling you unless you promise to give me some of Samsan Tech's shares." Cheon ho waves his phone at me.

I have zero patience for this.

Cheon ho bends over in pain as I kick his shin.

"Ah!" He shrieks in pain.

"I'll ask one more time." I say sternly. "What does pink mean?"

"I didn't know Samsan Tech had such a violent CEO!" Cheon ho holds his shin in pain.

"I'll kick your other leg if you don't-" I say.

"Okay! Okay! I'll tell you!" Cheon ho dodges away from me.

"It means love. It means love!" He says and hobbles away.

"Love?" I gasp, tasting the word on my mouth?

Love.

Ji pyeong's face flutters in my mind like a thousand butterflies. I cover my mouth in shock. I feel dizzy. The world seems to be spinning around me. But in a good way. In the way that I go on a merry-go-round and all these brilliant colours surround me.

I suddenly feel a pull at my heart. Something is tugging at me. It's drawing me towards the man who radiates a beautiful aura of warmth and kindness.