Chapter 39: Spilt Milk

Do san's POV

After Alex leaves the office, the room still simmers in the heat of anger, fear and betrayal. Chul san falls into a seat and glances at Sa ha. Sa ha's face is pulled and she sits in silent shock.

"What now..." Chul san asks. He looks at Yong san angrily.

"You said Mr Han was wrong. You said that he was full of bullshit. Look at what has happened to us now!" Chul san says angrily with tears in his eyes.

"Mr Han is not a god! He's not always right!" Yong san says, feeling the weight of the situation fall squarely on his shoulders. He rubs tears away from his eyes. Blame presses down on him mercilessly.

"But he knows better than us!" I cry out angrily, feeling an unreasonable force of anger unload onto my entire being that I feel like the world around me is spinning.

"Mr Han..." I ask hopelessly, looking at Ji pyeong. "What do we do now?"

Mr Han looks down to the ground and sighs heavily.

"The contract has already been made... There's nothing..." He sighs.

I grab him by the collar.

"I SAID WHAT DO WE DO HUH?" I scream angrily, feeling rage gush out of me the way water would from a pipe that has been blocked. The pressure has risen to a dangerous level and I fear I may collapse.

"WHAT DO WE DO? YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO KNOW! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO HELP US!" I cry out.

Under the powerful influence of uncontrollable wrath, I ram his fist into Mr Han's face. He doubles back, holding his jaw painfully as blood drips down the corner of his mouth.

"Ji pyeong!" Dal mi calls out in shock. "Do san! What did you do!" She gasps and runs towards Mr Han.

Before she can reach Mr Han, I send another blow to his face. He topples down and I grab him by the collar.
"WHAT DO WE DO? TELL US!" I cry out in frustration.

"Do san! Stop it!" Dal mi cries out in panic and tries to loosen my grip on Mr Han's collar but my grip remains tight and relentless. Blame sticks into my chest like a thick needle and each time I breathe, it cuts painfully.

"We need Noon gil! We need to continue working on Noon gil!" I cry in frustration, feeling the sheer weight of Halmeoni's secret pressing on my chest.

I can't hold it in any longer.

"Ms Choi..." I force the words out, feeling the sudden release of this secret. "Ms Choi asked me to keep this a secret from you, but..." I gasp for breath.

"What?" Dal mi whispers. "My halmeoni?"

"What is it?" Mr Han asks me as I try to collect the words.

"Noon gil..." I start. "I started Noon gil for your halmeoni."

Mr Han inhales sharply and looks at me with a new intensity.

"Her eyesight is getting worse and worse..." I sob.

The expression in Mr Han's eyes immediately softens and Dal mi loosens her grip on my hands that clasp Mr Han's collar.

"She... She's going to go blind soon." I gag as I speak these bitter words.

I loosen my grip around Mr Han's collar and he falls backwards. He falls back, losing his sense, feeling the world collapse around him.

"Wha... Wh..." Mr Han's mouth moves but he can't articulate words. Dal mi stands frozen.