Chapter 42: Flight 30A

Chul san's POV

The office looks a lot more depressive now that the lights are off and our things are being cleared from the desk. I look at the photo we took on our first day as Samsan Tech before placing it in the box with my other belongings.

"You're still here?" I hear Sa ha walk into the office. "What are you doing here?" She asks me.

"I'm just clearing my things..." I say, gesturing to my box of belongings.

"You had the whole day to clear your things." Sa ha says glancing at Yong san's desk that has been wiped clean of his belongings.

"I also have a lot on my mind." I sigh. Sa ha walks over to sit beside me.

"What are you thinking about?" She asks.

"Do you think we should file a lawsuit?" I ask her. Sa ha shakes her head.

"No. It's too long and uncertain. Nothing is guaranteed. And they have that nasty contract against us." Sa ha sighs. "But why aren't you happy? This is a good opportunity for you." Sa ha says.

I shake my head vigorously.

"If you had told me a year ago - no, a month ago - that I would be flying off to Silicon Valley to work, I would have been bursting with joy. But now... No, now I don't want to go." I say without a single inkling of doubt.

"Why?" Sa ha looks curiously at me.

"I don't want to go unless all of us are going." I say.

Sa ha pauses, looking at me. She seems unsure of what to say.

"Aren't you angry?" I ask her, looking at the dark circles around her eyes.

"Of course I am angry. I'm fuming." Sa ha says. "But you know," She starts. "That's why you, Yong san and Do san need to be successful." Sa ha says with determination. "You three need to be so successful. More successful than Alex. That you can flip around and bring him to his knees." She hisses his name.

"Wah Ms Jung, I didn't know you were so ambitious." I say fondly and immediately have to stop myself.

"I'm not ambitious. I'm just. I don't like to see scumbags get that way. That's why I became a lawyer in the first place." Sa ha says, letting down a part of her shield.

"Then what about you?" I ask.

"Hm?" She asks me.

"What will you do?" I ask.

"I'll find my way." She says thoughtfully.

"Ms Jung, do you think..." I start nervously. "Do you think we could keep in touch?" I ask.

Sa ha looks at me and pauses for a second.

"On one condition." She says.

"What is it?" I ask her.

"You don't need to call me Ms Jung anymore. Just call me by my name." She says.

My heart flutters slightly. I try to control the expression on my face.

Calm yourself...

"Okay, Sa ha." I say, testing her name out, tasting its sweetness.

Dal mi's POV

Today's the day. The Samsan boys will be flying off to San Francisco.

As we drive towards the airport, Ji pyeong glances over at me every few seconds.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Oh, it's nothing." Ji pyeong smiles at me. He pauses before continuing his sentence. "I'm just checking to see if you are okay." He says, take a hand off the steering wheel for a second and stroking my cheek briefly.