Chapter 25: In the Open

Yong san's POV

"Don't you ever wonder how Chul san's ancestors feel, watching him like that?" I ask Do san as I gesture towards Chul san and Sa ha who walk in front of us.

"Probably hiding their faces in shame." Do san laughs.

In front of us, Chul san gestures with very exaggerated movements and speaks in a very dramatic tone over how much he adores naengmyeon.

"Shouldn't we be hiding our faces in shame as well?" I ask Do san.

"Like this?" Do san laughs as he slips the collar of his shirt up to cover his face.

"... HOW ABOUT I TREAT YOU TODAY?" Chul san says excitedly as he offers to buy Sa ha lunch. "OH MY, WHERE DID MY WALLET GO!" I watch Chul san patch down his pockets frantically. "Ah! I must have left it in the office." He says as he darts back to the office.

"I have my own money!" Sa ha's voice is lost in the wind as Chul san speeds off.

"OMGE! OMGE! OMGE! GUYS!" Chul san yells as he hurtles back towards us.

"What?" I ask him. Chul san's eyes are wide.

"Don't stare like that. Your eyes are about to pop out." Do san says.

"Guys! Guys! Come! You need to see this!" Chul san suddenly speaks in a hushed tone which peaks our curiosity. Even Sa ha looks interested now.

"Come! You need to see this!" Chul san says and beckons us back towards the office.

"Oh. My. Gosh." Sa ha says in her fluent english.

My eyes almost pop out.

"CEO Seo and Mr Han?!" I gasp.

~

Dal mi's POV

"Aren't you guys supposed to be having lunch?" I laugh awkwardly as I address the four of them who look like pufferfish with their wide eyes and dropped jaws.

"Aren't you two supposed to be..." Chul san says and realises he can't finish his sentence. "What are you two doing?" He asks with his head cocked to one side.

"Ah, you see..." Ji pyeong starts. "Dal mi- I mean, Ms Seo was choking on some water... So I was trying to help you. You know? It's called the heimlich maneuver." Ji pyeong explains.

"It sure didn't look like that." Chul san smirks at Ji pyeong and I.

"Are you two," Do san starts. He smiles. "Dating?"

Ji pyeong and I look at each other.

"Aish, it's about time." Do san says as he laughs. "I was starting to get worried that Ji pyeong would stay passive forever." He grins.

"Hey! I-" Ji pyeong starts.

"Yes, we're dating." I announce.

Chul san claps his hands together. Sa ha nods her head, looking mildly impressed. Do san smiles. Yong san still looks at us with bulging eyes.

"So, if you four could leave, I would appreciate that." I smile innocently. Beside me, Ji pyeong tries to hide his laughter.

"Ah, yes. Of course. HAHAHA! ENJOY YOUR TIME TOGETHER!" Chul san laughs and shoves the rest of them out.

As the door of the office closes behind them, Ji pyeong and I look at each other and burst into a fit of laughter.

"Well, your plan to keep it a secret lasted for two seconds." He smiles. I love it when he smiles. He looks more free; he looks like he doesn't have a single care in the world. He doesn't look weighed down by anything.

"Aish, it was a stupid plan." I laugh. "Are you hungry?" I ask him.

"Let's go." Ji pyeong says as he takes my hand.

~

In jae's POV

"...HAHAHA who would have thought! CEO Seo and Mr Han!" My ears perk up as the words ring behind me. I twirl around and see the Samsan boys laughing about something.

"When do you think they started dating?"

"Must've been quite recent... We definitely would have caught them..."

"Is this why Mr Han was so nice to us?"

"Nice to us?! When was he ever nice?"

"I mean... he did spend time going through our proposals and everything..."

"Aish, whatever."

"What?" I laugh to myself. "Dal mi and Han Ji pyeong?"