Chapter 23: The Brightest Light

Dal mi's POV

Ji Pyeong sends me home. We stand outside my house, hand-in-hand.

"Do you want to come in?" I ask him. "I want to tell Halmeoni." I say as I hold up our joined hands.
"Of course. Let's go." He says excitedly.

Halmeoni's POV

I watch the hands on the clock move. Time seems to be dragging by slowly as I think about the events of today. Good Boy coming to find me with a confession and Dal mi coming to find me afterwards with a revelation.

"I wonder whether they found each other." I say, peering at the clock again. It's getting late.

"Oh! That must be Dal mi!" I say as I hear the door open.
"Dal mi ah, is that you?" I call as I go to the living room.

"Oh?" I say in pleasant surprise as I see Good Boy standing next to her. My eyes are immediately drawn to their intertwined hands. I look from Dal mi to Good Boy and back to Dal mi.

"Halmeoni," Good Boy says happily.

"What is going on?" I say with excitement.

"Halmeoni, let me officially introduce you to my boyfriend." Dal mi says. Her words are music to my ears. They bring so much relief, comfort, joy to my soul. "The very handsome, the very talented, the very sweet Han Ji Pyeong." Dal mi announces proudly.

"Aigoo Good Boy!" I exclaim in sheer happiness as I rush forth and wrap my arms around Good Boy. "My heart is soaring!" I say happily as I hug Good Boy tightly. Good Boy laughs and hugs me back.

"Halmeoni," He says, speechless with sheer joy.

I put my hands on his face and beam at him. My eyes are watery with tears.
"Aigoo Halmeoni, are you crying?" Good Boy says in amusement.

"You are one to say. Your own eyes are swimming in tears." I say.

"Thank you Good Boy. Thank you." I say, moved with emotion.

"Aiyo Halmeoni, why are you thanking me? I'm the one who is grateful." Good Boy says and sends another wave of emotion through me.

"Ah jeez, you're making me cry again." I laugh as I wipe tears of joy away.

Ji Pyeong's POV

"Ah, I really don't want you to go." Dal mi whines as she walks me out of her house.

"I know, I already miss you." I say sweetly as I reach out to brush Dal mi's hair away from her face. "What do I do, hm? You're standing right in front of me but I already miss you." I say in a cutesy voice, throwing Dal mi into uncontrollable laughter.

"I'm too happy. I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight." Dal mi says, smiling to herself.

"That won't do," I laugh. "You need to get as much sleep as you can. Preparation for Demo Day starts tomorrow." I say.

"Wah, I'm so nervous." Dal mi sighs.

"Don't be." I say as I take her into my arms. "I'll be with you every step of the way and I know you'll do so, so well." I say, gazing at her as the moonlight illuminates her face. "Samsan Tech wouldn't be where it is today if it wasn't for you. You are a real talent, you know that?" I say affectionately.

Dal mi eyes are bright with hope and reassurance.

"That's only because you mentored us well." She says.

"That's true, I've yet to meet a mentor who would answer all four hundred and sixty one questions." I joke.
"Tell me," Dal mi says as she wears a mischievous glint in her eye. "Did you like me back then? Is that why you helped me so much even though I was a troublesome handful?" She asks.

"Mmm," I say.

"That's a yes, isn't it?" Dal mi laughs and grins.

"Ah jeez, now you're making me look so unprofessional." I blush. "I would have helped Samsan Tech either way." I conclude.

Dal mi smiles and leans forward, brushing her lips against mine. I draw her closer to me and she kisses me harder. Each time she pulls away, she leans forward once again and fits her mouth into mine.

"This is bad," She says, with her lips against mine. "I can't stop kissing you."

I smile against her lips.

"Last one, okay?" I say as I press my lips against hers. It takes every inch of my being to draw away.

"I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" I whisper gently as I cup her face in my hand.

"I'll see you tomorrow." She whispers back.

"Sweet dreams." I wish her, before getting into the car.