Chapter 57: D-Day

Dal mi's POV

"It's D-Day! Are you ready?" In jae asks me. Today is the launch party of Cheong Myeong company. The office has been done up with a brilliant shade of blue. My dad's favourite colour.

"I'm nervous." I say and look at the name tag around my neck.

CEO Seo Dal Mi

Cheong Myeong Company

"Don't be." In jae says encouragingly. "This is your moment. Enjoy every second of it, CEO Seo." In jae says and winks at me as she calls me CEO Seo. "Hwaiting!" She says.

"Hwaiting!" I say back and smile.

"Come on. Let's go." In jae says as we walk out of the meeting room towards the new office space that is now named Cheong Myeong Company.

As we step out, the sound of applause resounds through the air. I look around and smile at the people who have come. I scan the sea of people and see Ji Pyeong beaming at me. Just the sight of him alone makes my heart flutter. Yet, the sight of him seems to ground me and I no longer feel nervous.

"Thank you all for coming." In jae addresses the crowd. We stand outside the door of Cheong Myeong Company. "We are here to commemorate the launch of Cheong Myeong Company, headed by CEO Seo Dal mi." She says and passes the attention to me.

"Hello everyone, I am CEO Seo Dal mi. I look forward to working with you all and will do my best." I bow politely.

In Jae and I hold up the big scissors that are meant to cut the bow that is tied across the office door. More applause is heard as the ribbon cuts open and we open the door to the new office where I will dedicate all my time, effort and life into.

"Congratulations, CEO Seo." In jae says.

"Thank you, CEO Won." I smile.

Food is decked out by the caterers and people mingle around in the crowd.
"Congratulations CEO Seo." I hear Ji pyeong's voice come from behind me. I spin around and smile from ear to ear as I see him. In his hands, Ji pyeong holds a money tree in his hands, it looks exactly like the one that I gave to Do San when I went to visit him in his 'office' for the first time, thinking that he was the Do San from the letters at that time.

"May you succeed in all you do. I wish you success." Ji pyeong says sweetly, repeating the words that were written on the money tree.

"Thank you!" I exclaim and cradle the money tree in my hands.

"This looks exactly like the money tree I gave Do san the last time." I say with wonder. Ji pyeong's dimples shine on his cheek.

"It is." He says.

"What?" I ask, looking at him in shock.

"This is the money tree you gave to Do san the last time. I've been watching over it ever since he left it in my house." I explain. Dal mi covers her mouth in shock.

"You kept it?" I smile. He nods.

"At that time, it felt like keeping the plant and taking care of it gave me some sort of connection to you." Ji pyeong says, looking at the money tree fondly and a thousand memories swim through his mind. "Never would I have realised those feelings would grow into something so beautiful." Ji pyeong says poetically and gently touches my chin with his fingers.

"I can't believe you kept it in such good condition..." I say in awe. "Here, let me put it here." I say as I step towards the wall in the office that holds the company logo. It's a small shelf that holds the photos taken of important milestones, such as the launch party today. I place the money tree there and touch the leaves gently, admiring the brilliant, healthy shades of green.