Chapter 62: Bids and Promises

Dal mi's POV

"If we win the bid, I'll give you a million dollars." Yong san says.

It's the day before Cheong Myeong company bids for the partnership with Smart City project's self-driving platform. We've come a long way ever since the Samsan Tech boys and Sa ha joined the team. A small part of me is convinced that we could actually win the bid.

"If I win the bid, I'll buy a sports car."

"Are we all making promises now?" Chul san asks. "If I win the bid, I'll shave my head." He says.

"Are you really sure you want to make that promise?" Yong san asks and looks like he knows something.

"Exactly." I add in. "Yong san is right. We may actually win this. It's not impossible." I say.

"Mmm... then..." Chul san rethinks his decision.

"How about if we really win the bet, you'll have to dress up in a chicken costume and run through the hallways of Sandbox until Ms Yoon stops you." Do san suggests.

"What?" Chul san laughs.

"Why? Are you too chicken to agree?" Yong san teases.

"Okay. I will if we win the bet." Chul san says finally.

"If we win, I'll reveal who my boyfriend is." Sa ha says. It's evident who her boyfriend is as Chul san's head immediately pops up as he looks at her.

At this point... I think the whole office has sensed the chemistry between them. I grin at them.

"Really?" Chul san asks her in disbelief.

"I'm saying it's not impossible." Sa ha says and smiles sweetly at him.

"Do san, what about you?" Chul san asks Do san.

"If we win the bet, I'll propose to Sung kyung." Do san says.

"Aww! Cute!" Chul san exclaims and claps his hands together.

"CEO Seo, what about you?" Yong san asks me.

"Me? Mmmm..." I search my mind. "Aish, I really don't know. This whole big is stressing me out..." I sigh and press my palms against my forehead.

"CEO Seo, would you like an energy boost?" Chul san says as he walks over to the fridge and takes one of the nutrient booster drinks.

"Thank you." I say gratefully as I chug the whole bottle down. Within a few minutes, my mind seems to swim. A heavy weight presses against my head. I suddenly feel light and let loose.

Do san's POV

"Why isn't this refreshing?" Dal mi says out loud in a slurred voice and she jams the keys on her keyboard. I look over at her and then look over at the rest. They all shrug, unsure why Dal mi is acting in what can be described as a drunken manner.

"Yah! LOAD NOW!" Dal mi screams at her computer.

"Is she drunk?" Yong san asks as he watches Dal mi scream at the computer screen and then immediately starts laughing at it at the very next moment.

"She seems like she's lost her mind..." Sa ha says.

"It's a splitting image of the last time she got drunk and I had to ask Ji pyeong for help to send her home..." I say worriedly. The thought of drunk Dal mi is a nightmare.

"Beep beep! Everyone make way! TARZAN IS COMING THROUGH!" Dal mi exclaims as she leaps up from her desk and prances around the office.

"What is she doing?" Sa ha asks in disbelief.

"Dal mi, are you okay?" I ask as I get up and try to get her to sit down.

"CATCH ME IF YOU CAN!" Dal mi says excitedly and starts running rounds around the office.

"What on earth was in that nutritional booster that you gave her?" Yong san asks Chul san. Chul san picks up the empty bottle from Dal mi's desk.

"Vitamin A, B, C, D, E... It's all good stuff... Why does she look like she's chugged a barrel of beer?" Chul san scratches her head.

"UNNIE! UNNIE!" Dal mi exclaims as In jae steps into the office.

"What the-" In jae says in shock as she sees Dal mi flapping her arms and spinning around the office. "What happened to Dal mi and why is she acting crazy?" In jae demands.

"I don't know... She was really stressed and I gave her the nutritional booster. A couple minutes later, she started acting crazy." Chul san says regrettably as he shows the bottle to In jae.

"Omo!" In jae says in shock. "Aish! Hyeon and Jeong kept soju in those bottles. They did it as a means to hide the fact that they were drinking during office hours... I should have cleared them from the fridge..." In jae says and rubs her temples.

"So what you're saying is..." I ask nervously. "Dal mi just chugged a crazy amount of soju?"

"Yah..." Sa ha says. "Where is Dal mi go?" Sa ha asks. We all look around the office, realizing that Dal mi is nowhere to be found.

"JI PYEONG AH!" Dal mi's drunken voice rings from outside in the hallway.

"Ah jeez!" We all groan as we rush out to drag our drunk CEO back into the office.