Chapter 33: San Francisco

Do san's POV

"How much will 2STO be offering us?" Dal mi asks Alex with her CEO voice.

"Three billion won." Alex says.

Beside me, Chul san's eyes grow as wide as saucers.

"And we will be stationed at Silicon Valley?" I ask.

"Yes, you will be working from San Francisco for three years with us." Alex answers and smiles at us.

Yong san looks like he's about to explode in sheer joy soon.

"I'm sorry. All of us will be transferred to San Francisco?" Dal mi clarifies. Alex nods.

"There's no way we can work from Korea?" Dal mi asks.

"Yes. Our headquarters are in San Francisco." Alex answers simply.

Dal mi looks down at her hands.

~

"THAT WAS AMAZING!" Chul san literally dances around the room after Alex and his team have gone.

"WE ARE GOING TO SAN FRANCISCO!" Yong san joins Chul san in an expression of sheer through embarrassing dancing.

"PACK YOUR BAGS BABY!" Chul san exclaims.

As they celebrate in the middle room, I look over at Dal mi who sits in the corner of the room. She looks weary and troubled.

"Are you okay? You don't look happy." I ask her as I sit beside her. Up close, Dal mi looks dangerously troubled. "What's on your mind?" I ask her.

Dal mi presses her hands against her face.

"Do san ah," She says with a pained tone. "I'm quitting as CEO."