Chapter 48: Tucked Away Safely

Dal mi's POV

I wipe my wet hands against the kitchen towel as I finish washing the dishes. I go to the living room, where Ji pyeong.

I laugh in amusement as I see him sleeping in an upright manner on the couch. His head nods forward and in his hands are songpyeons that are yet to be wrapped. He must have fallen asleep in the middle of wrapping songpyeon.

"How cute." I whisper affectionately, feeling my heart swell as I gaze upon his adorable face.

Carefully, I draw the unfolded songpyeon dough from his hands and peel the plastic gloves from his hands.

"Aigoo..." I whisper as I support his neck and gently lower his head to the pillow on the couch.

"Why are you so tall?" I laugh as I draw his legs up to the couch. He sleeps in a curled up position. I feel a smile flutter across my face. Ji pyeong has that wonderful effect on me: Just the sight of me alone is enough to lift my spirits and makes me feel like the luckiest girl in the world.

I brush his hair away from his forehead gently.

"Ji pyeong ah..." I whisper. "Do you want to sleep on my bed instead? You're going to get a backache tomorrow if you sleep like this.

Ji pyeong's eyes remain fluttered shut and exhaustion pulls over him.

Smiling, I draw the thickest blanket and drape it over him.

"I'm so scared you'll catch a cold." I whisper under my breath as I look at the snow that falls outside the window. I tuck in the corners of the blanket, trying to keep the warmth in.

Ji pyeong looks like a sculpted piece of art. As I watch him sleep soundly, I soak in the sight of him. His beautiful features... the softness of his lips, the shadows and light that cascade down his nose, the lines of his eyelashes and eyebrows.

Gently, I lean forward and plant a kiss on his forehead.

"Sleep well, my love." I whisper.

I look at Ji Pyeong's lips. It's like a magical spell upon me, beckoning me in, drawing me in to come closer.

I lean forward to feel his lips against mine.

Before our lips touch, Ji pyeong's eyes flutter open and I immediately jerk back in shock.

"Ji pyeong ah!" I laugh.

Ji pyeong stretches sleepily and looks up at me.

"Did I fall asleep?" He laughs. I nod.

"Go to sleep. I'll finish wrapping the songpyeon." I whisper to him. Ji pyeong smiles at me. He draws a hand out from under the blanket and touches my cheek. He draws my face closer to his.

He brushes his lips against mine and they travel up to the tip of my nose and to my forehead. I smile sweetly as he lavishes affection on me.

"You're so cold." Ji pyeong whispers as he sits up. He gestures for me to sit next to him on the couch and wraps the thick blanket around me.

"Leave the songpyeon. I can finish the rest." I say as Ji Pyeong continues to busy himself with the unfinished, unwrapped songpyeons.

I laugh heartily as I look at the songpyeon in his hand.

"What is it?" Ji Pyeong laughs.

"Your songpyeon is so cute and small!" I say. "Here, you need to fill it up to three quarters." I explain as I hold Ji pyeong's hand, that holds the songpyeon wrapping, in mine and scoop out the right amount of filling.

Ji Pyeong smiles softly at his hand clasped in mine.

"And then you pinch it together to close it like this." I say and line my fingers with his so that he can feel the movement I make on the songpyeon.

"Jiang!" I say.

"Let me try..." Ji Pyeong says with a concentrated look on his forehead. He looks adorable as he focuses hard.

"By the way, who was that just now?" Ji pyeong asks me, referring to the phone call I got from In jae.

"In jae." I say. "She came to tell me that she'd hire me." I explain.

"Oh?" Ji pyeong sounds as surprised as I was when In Jae told me the news. You're going to work for her? Will you be okay?" Ji pyeong asks with a touch of concern in his voice.

"Honestly, I was surprised as well when In Jae agreed to hire me." I think aloud. "In Jae has a very cold demeanour... but somewhere deep down, she has a warm core. I think years of living with Chairman Won has made her forget how to let out that warm side of her." I say, thinking of my old childhood days with In jae.

"I'm sure you'll do very well there." Ji Pyeong says confidently. His words have a wondrous effect on me, making me feel more secure and sure of myself.

"I shall." I agree but the touch of nervousness in my voice betrays my true feelings.

Ji Pyeong takes my hand in his, sensing my nervousness.

"Let me be the person that comes to mind when life gets tough, okay?" Ji Pyeong asks me sweetly.

I look at him and the twinkle in his eyes. A smile draws itself across my face and I feel every ounce of anxiety flee from my being.

I nod.

"You'll be the first person I always think of." I whisper. Ji pyeong beams at me. "The first person I think of when I'm happy, when I'm sad, when I'm stressed, when things are good, when things are bad... You'll always be the first person on my mind." I tell Ji Pyeong. My words seem to resound in the house like a beautiful melody in the church.

He wraps his arms around me and I rest my head against his chest. I turn my head slightly and plant a small kiss on his chest.

In response, there's a small leap in Ji pyeong's chest, where his heart beats.