Chapter 58: Jung Sa Ha

Sa Ha's POV

"I'm off." I say as I grab my bag from my desk and make my way out.

"Ms Jung!" One of my coworkers call after me.

"Mr Lee?" I say, looking nonchalantly at him.

"Ms Jung!" He says nervously and wipes his clammy hands on his suite, leaving sweat marks on them. "I was wondering..." He says and his voice shakes. "I was wondering... Erm, that is... It would be a real honour... I mean, I would be so honoured, as to have you- I mean to have your presence with-"

"Stop." I cut him off in english and look at him. "If you're going to ask me out, don't bother. I don't date men who take forever to get to the point." I say in english.

"What?" He asks in confusion, not understanding the english.

"I'm off." I say and flash a smile at him before walking off.

"Oh! Sa ha!" I hear as I step out of the building. I turn around and smile. As the smile comes across my face, I immediately try to hide it. Dal mi waves at me as she approaches me.

"What are you doing here?" I ask her, still trying to hide my smile. The fond memories of my time at Sandbox start fluttering around in my mind like bubbles in the air.

"It's nice to see you too." Dal mi laughs.

"Are you busy?" Dal mi asks me.

"Why? What's up?" I ask her.

"I need to ask you something." Dal mi says firmly.

~

"Cheong Myeong company?" I say after Dal mi has filled me in on everything that has happened at In jae company, along with her offer to hire me as the designer.

"What do you think?" Dal mi asks me. "Will you come work for us?"

I press my lips together and pause for a second. My eyes flutter to the menu board at the counter in the cafe that we're seated in. Immediately, my eyes zoom in on one word. Vanilla Latte. His image comes to mind. His voice also floats in my recollection. I remember his voice crystal clear. I hear it every night when I try to fall asleep under the sound of his ASMR voice.

"I don't think I want to. I don't want to." I say, peeling my eyes away from the menu board. Dal mi tries to hide her disappointment.

"Why?" Dal mi asks. "Can I ask what's the reason?"

"I value my work environment a lot." I explain. "Apart from you getting on your knees to beg me to join," I start. Dal mi laughs at the recollection. "Another reason I was open to being a part of Samsan Tech is because I saw how close the boys were." I sweep my hair over my shoulder.

"After working in law firms for so long, one thing I know for sure is that this is a tough place. People stab each other in the back and push one another under the bus. I've gotten used to it. I'm high enough in the hierarchy in the law industry that I'm immune to it. But to work at In jae company with people like Hyeon and Jeong... No. No, I don't want to." I say decisively.

"Ah I see..." Dal mi says and nods along, silently agreeing with me. "I'm not going to force you. But if you ever change your mind, you know where to find me." Dal mi says with a smile.

"How have you been doing by the way?" Dal mi smiles.

"I thought you were here to recruit me, not to have deep heart to heart conversations with me." I say with faint amusement.

"It's nothing deep. I'm just curious how you've been doing. You never really liked the law industry." Dal mi asks.

"You're right." I say, staring out the window. "Everything's been pretty monotonous and boring... There are some days I even miss our days at Samsan Tech" I sigh. "By the way," I smile. "Have you seen Chul san's vlogs?" I ask. "The boys look like they're having a lot of fun there."

"Don't they? I've seen Yong san visit so many beaches... I'm so jealous." Dal mi sighs. I burst out laughing.

"Did you see the vlog where Chul san tried to surf?" I ask, covering my mouth in laughter.

"No, I don't recall. But I've seen Do san's mukbangs. Aigoo, he's really enjoying himself." Dal mi comments.

"I've only seen Chul san's beef adventures." I smile at the thought of him. Dal mi leans forward and narrows her eyes at me.

"What is it?" I ask her.

"Chul san... Chul san... Chul san... That's the only name I've heard come out of your mouth today..." Dal mi says and smirks at me.

"Really? I'm sure I've talked about the other guys as well..." My voice trails off and I feel my cheeks flush.

"Then tell me, what have Yong san and Do san been up to..." Dal mi tests me. I swallow nervously, realising that I've only paid attention to Chul san's portion of the vlogs so I have no idea what Yong san and Do san are up to.

"Well..." I say. "Yah! Are you interrogating me?" I exclaim. Dal mi laughs softly, knowing that she's right about her suspicion.

"Anyway, Cheong Myeong company is having a launch party." Dal mi says as she hands me the invitation. "You should come."

"How about this?" I suggest. "If I decide to join Cheong Myeong company, I'll show up at the launch party."

"And if I don't see you there?" Dal mi asks me.

"It means that I'm not ready to come back yet." I smile at Dal mi. "But know that I'm still rooting for you from afar."