Chapter 29: Kim Dong Su

Ji pyeong's POV

"Wait please!" Someone calls as the lift doors almost close. I press the button to open the doors and Yong san comes in.

"Oh, Mr Han." Yong san says.

"Hello Yong san." I greet.

"CEO Seo has been in such high spirits since she started dating you." Yong san says. His words bring a smile to my face.
"I think she's excited about Demo Day." I say humbly.

"You're so humble, Mr Han. You're generous and kind." Yong san says in a monotonous voice. He turns to look at me. His expression is hard and doesn't match the compliments that came from his mouth. "Since you are so good and kind... Why were you so harsh on my brother?" Yong san asks flatly.

I look at him.

"Your brother?" I ask.

Yong san has daggers in his eyes as he speaks.

"Why did you kill my brother?" He asks.

I look at him in shock. For a moment I think I must have misheard him.

"Your brother?" I say again. The words are foreign in my mouth. "I killed your brother?" I ask him again.

"Yes." Yong san says. For a second, I think he is joking with me.

"I couldn't have killed your brother. If not I would be in jail. You must be mistaken." I say. Yong san continues to stare straight at me with anger burning in his eyes.

"Yong san, I don't know your brother." I explain. "I didn't even know you have a brother, how could I-"

The banging sound against metal cuts me off as Yong san jams his hand into my throat and strangles me against the elevator wall.

His voice shakes as he speaks.

"I thought you would at least have the decency to remember who he is."

"Mr Han!" Dong cheon exclaims as the lift doors open and he sees Yong san hand against my throat. Yong san's eyes are red and burn with rage as he lets me go and storms off.

"Are you okay?" Dong cheon asks me.

"He said something weird. He said I killed his brother." I say, rubbing my neck.

"Oh? That was you?" Dong cheon asks and immediately looks like he wished he could retract his words.
"What?" I look at him. "Do you know something?"

~

The office is dark and quiet.

Kim Dong su.

The name weighs heavily on me. It weighs heavily on my conscience. The walls seem to be pressing around me.

Killer... killer... killer... The walls echo.

I press my hands against my temples, willing the haunting voices away.

"What have I done?" I say quietly as my hands shake.