Chapter 15

With the kind of reception this book is getting, it is really overwhelming!

Thank you to each one of you who is reading along and for encouraging me so much!

*-*-*

What is it that makes life interesting? I feel it is change that makes life interesting and not a cake walk.

Change is what Anisha felt while she stepped into the office for the first time this week. New people, new place, something to occupy her mind, stress about next day and fretting over incomplete work! Life was busy yet satisfying.

She had been going to the office for a week, straight, now. She liked it but more important was Abhimanyu who really appreciated her help.

Currently, he had called her inside his cabin on the pretext of discussing a major deal.

" So what are your thoughts about this deal?"

" I feel the proposal is really impressive!"

" Uh hmm.. and?" He prodded while massaging his chin in the process.

' Wow! That stubble!' Anisha's whole attention was fixed on his hand. She did not know how and when but she had developed a liking for Abhimanyu' s stubble which rested proudly on his cheeks and chin, making her go gaga at the mere sight! Especially that five'o clock shadow! Oh my!

" Anisha?" He called out when he recieved no response from her and then followed her line of sight which was fixed on his hand. Oh!

A small smirk made its way to his mouth and then it turned into a laugh that he had to stifle. In that process he removed his hand off his chin and covered his mouth with it. The action broke Anisha's staring session and suddenly she was aware of her surrounding.

She looked up at his eyes which were full of merry. " Why are you laughing?"

" I am not laughing. Am I ?"

She narrowed her eyes at him. " You sure are and I think you are laughing at me!"

" How can I dare to laugh at you?" He gasped dramatically.

" You can't? But I can see you laughing and there is nothing amusing here apart from me who was busy staring..." She quickly stopped her rambling mouth and looked wide-eyed into his eyes.

She couldn't help herself then groan and hide her face behind her hands.

Abhimanyu had a full blown boisterous laugh out of this. She sure was adorable.

" Anisha?"

" Hmm?"

" It is not that embarrassing. You can show your face." He stifled his laugh again.

" I'm giving you a full on entertainment dose and you are saying this ain't embarrassing!" She removed her hands off her face.

" Okay, I'm sorry madam. Now let me ask you a question."

" What question?" She squeaked.

" Ruk jaa!" ( Hold on)

" Ruk gayi" ( Waiting)

Clearing his throat he said, " It's been a week since you joined office, right?" She nodded her head obediently. " Let's celebrate the occasion then. What's say?"

" Are you asking me out on a date?" She mumbled to herself but the pindrop silence that followed the remark was deafening.

She looked up from her knotted hands to Abhimanyu who was staring at her mouth wide open.

" What happened? Why are you looking at me like that?"

Closing his mouth he couldn't believe his wife said that. The woman barely talked like that and here she was.

" What did you just say?"

" Mene kya bola? Kuch bhi to nahi ." ( What did I say? Nothing.)

" You said am I asking you out on a date?"

" I said that loudly!" She groaned and buried her face back into her hands. " Oh god. This really is embarrassing!"

Abhimanyu got off his seat and made his way towards her chair. He took her hands into his and removed them off her face.

" Enough of hiding. Now since you boldly asked. It can be a date if you would like." He raised his brows at her.

" I.." She pulled her hands back but failed at it miserably when he didn't let them go.

" Yes?"

" I would like that." She squeaked and he immediately left her hands.

" Now that you have agreed. Get out of office and start getting ready. I will pick you up by seven."

She stared at him mouth open and then looked at the wall clock. It was five past five at the moment.

" How should I dress?"

" Comfortable." He replied quickly and ushered her out of the cabin.

Anisha glanced at her watch again and as if her brain suddenly started working again. It is our first date! Her brain screamed at her and she sat inside the car asking the driver to drive them home.

" Maa?" She shouted as soon as she entered the house.

" Bol, kya hua? Kyu chilla rahi ho?" ( What happened? Why are you shouting?)

" Wo, ye.." ( Umm, he)

" Wo kya?" ( What?) Daljeet raised her brows.

" Ye muje shaam me bahar le jaa rahe. Office me mera first week celebrate karan vaaste."
( He is taking me out this evening to celebrate my first week at the office.)

Daljeet smiled mischievously at her and said, " Enjoy karna. Ho sake to menu poti- potiya dene ki koshish karna!" ( Enjoy. If possible work on giving me grandchildren!)

Anisha blushed dark red at the remark and ran up the stairs to their room in search of an outfit for their first date.

Meanwhile Abhimanyu wrapped up his work and made use of the penthouse in their office building to get ready.

It was their first date and he felt like a teenager all over again!

Let's just hope everything goes down according to the plan!