Chapter 42

To find love is to find heaven on earth!

After a very busy night and morning the couple was catching up on their sleep post lunch.

Now it was evening and they had just woken up from their slumber. Abhimanyu was scrolling his phone and Anisha was snuggled into his chest drawing doodles on his chest.

" Abhi?" She called.

" Yes, Jaan."

" What did you call me now?" She asked staring into his eyes.

He kept the phone down and played with her hair, " Jaan."

In a margin of ten seconds she became as red as the rose she recieved last night.

" I like it." She said softly.

He smiled, " I know."

" How?" She asked her mouth agape.

" You don't remember? I called you Jaan ample number of times last night. In fact you moaned my name louder the first time I called you that." He teased.

" Seriously? I should remember this detail." She frowned.

" Wait a minute! You played me didn't you?" She hit him on the chest twice.

" Sorry. You are just adorable to not tease." He smirked.

She narrowed her eyes, " I will accept the apology after you give me a chocolate."

He smiled, " We are anyways going out. Come on let's get dressed for the outing."

She nodded.

First thing he did after going out of the hotel was guide them to a local market and bought a chocolate bar for her.

She smiled and said, " Apology accepted. Now let's roam around and reach our destination."

Anisha wrapped her hand around her husband's bicep. Dressed in casuals the couple was exploring the beauty of Venice.

For the late evening Abhimanyu had their tickets for an opera show in Teatro La Fenice, a famous Opera theatre.

He had safely assumed that after the night's activity and sleep deprived annoyance, music would help them relax and give a relaxed beginning to their stay

He had safely assumed that after the night's activity and sleep deprived annoyance, music would help them relax and give a relaxed beginning to their stay. As for the later itineraries they could be done in the next few days.

" Abhi, what made you choose Venice?" She asked while walking on the street leading to their destination.

" I thought honeymoon should be at a place which is romantic as well as offers good tourist attractions. I have never visited Italy for personal reasons and my last time in Rome had me deciding then and there.."

" That we would honeymoon here in Italy."
She completed his sentence.

" Yes." He nodded.

Smiling and laughing the couple approached their location and took their designated seats.

" I hope you like this one. Though, I'm extremely sceptical about this."

She laughed and poked his nose, " I'll enjoy it. Don't worry." 

And soon the show started. Anisha loved music and was thoroughly delighted by the show. She leaned her head on his shoulder and played with his fingers while they both relaxed with the show.

" This was such a good idea. I have never attended opera and I loved it." Anisha said enthusiastically to her husband.

" My pleasure." He smiled.

" So where to next?"

" Next we have dinner at a local restaurant."

" Oooh do we eat pizzas?" She asked enthusiastically.

Abhimanyu laughed and wiped the corner of her mouth to check for any drool which sadly was not present. She gasped and slapped away his hand.

" I am not drooling!"

" Believe me, you will once I take you to this place. They serve the best pizzas."

He could literally see the stars in her eyes as he completed the sentence.

Chuckling he said, " Come let's go."

She nodded and dutifully followed him to the said pizza place.

As he claimed the place was busy and the smell, it was heavenly. Anisha could hear her stomach grumble for food.

Abhimanyu chuckled, " If I'm not wrong, I heard your stomach grumble for food. Come sit and let's feed the hungry."

She narrowed her eyes at him and the nerve of the man, he just shrugged. He pulled a chair for her and soon a waiter was by their side. Food was ordered with a bottle of Pinot Bianco.

" I really hope you enjoy white wine."

" Ummm.." she hesitated.

" What's wrong?"

" I actually have never tasted wine." She replied with downcast eyes.

" What is there to be ashamed of? Have you tried any alcoholic drinks? I should have asked. Damn it!" He asked getting angry with himself.

" Abhimanyu.." she kept her hand over his, " Calm down. I have tried beer but never had the chance or the money for wine."

He looked at her again, " You didn't have money? What are you even saying?"

" I earned my own money when I first tried beer. It is cheap and easy to get so I usually had beer. I had decided to treat myself to a wine with my own huge salary. A salary that could match the price of the wine. Weird I know but still.." she shrugged.

Abhimanyu smiled at her, " Does that mean this is your treat?"

" Yes it is your treat. Wait a minute! My treat?" She was confused.

" Yes, your treat." He shrugged.

" I don't have money on me now. Especially foreign currency!" She looked at him with her big eyes.

He chuckled, " I will pay and then you pay me back in Indian currency."

" That works." She smiled.

" Perks of having a husband, you know." He winked.

She narrowed her eyes, " Or is it perks of having a business man as your husband? Doing business with your own wife!"

He laughed.

Food arrived as well and they had their meal laughing and teasing one another.

" Abhimanyu, I love you!" Anisha said after exited the restaurant.

" I feel blessed." He gave her a cheeky reply.

She hit him on his chest. " You sly man! Always playing with words." She slurred. " Still I love you soo sooo soooo much!"

His eyes widened as realisation set in. She was a lightweight and drunk!

" God have mercy on me!" He prayed looking at the sky and quickly grabbed a hold of his wife's hand.

" I love you too darling!"

" Yay! You love me! Let's celebrate! I wanna dance!" She exclaimed and a few drops of sweat trickled down the side of his face.

It was going to be a tough night.