Chapter 37

Relationships are like threads, once broken they can't be mended without a knot.

Be it any other relationship then.

Days had passed and aside from a few meetings, Anisha couldn't talk to her father. It was like the ' next time' was unspoken.

But Anisha did not feel bad. Juhi had put a lot of things into perspective for her with just a sentence.

She no longer cried for her fate, instead she decided on making it more beautiful.

Destiny had given her Abhimanyu and she had all the plans to keep him by her side, forever.

The entrance was just a week away and for the past one month, Abhimanyu had discontinued her office. She was solely concentrating on the exam.

If ever she needed a break, she would just go to the living room where the family usually sat playing with the youngest member of the house. Specially she loved the evenings, when everybody was back home and discussing their day. Her mind was fresh and after dinner she would revise a thing or two and then go to sleep.

Just like any other day, it was the morning but Anisha had not risen. She was hugging her husband tighter than ever.

The alarm had rang to its content and then fallen asleep. There is only so much sound the alarm can make.

She had snuggled and snuggled deeper into her husband's neck almost throttling him but had no intentions to get up and read. As the entrance came near, her hours of productivity had reduced and she was more focused on reading the newspapers of the day. Afterall a majority of the paper did comprise of current affairs. But this morning she had none of these intentions.

Her mood had soured the previous night when she suddenly saw the date, it was the fifth of May and within exactly nine days it would be their first anniversary. Although she was happy that their marriage was at such a good position, her mind kept playing games with her.

Her previous boyfriend had not sought after her after a breakup over the phone. Let alone he was seen with a new girl in a month after her marriage. People moved on pretty fast, right? But then his actions had somewhere unknowingly become a part of her self destruction.

The crumbling confidence took one more blow and within no time she was left to deal with scattered pieces. Thankfully, she was saved in time.

Now the date reminded her that it is just nine days short of one year to their marriage and Abhimanyu had exercised very little of his rights as her husband when it came to the physical aspect. He had assured her plenty of his liking but insecurities paved in.

Abhimanyu stirred and opened his eyes to feel a weight on him. He was familiar to the weight but there was an added pressure to his neck this morning. He sighed and played a little with her hair, pulling them a bit so as to drag her nose away from his neck. Bingo! He succeeded in doing that.

Anisha opened her eyes and looked into his. She again realised why she was upset and puffed her cheeks.

Abhimanyu laughed at her cute attitude.

She poked his jaw and he stared at her dumbfounded. " That was new."

She simply shrugged and he glared at her.

"What did I do to deserve a poke instead of a soft kiss?" He asked with narrowed eyes.

" Ab ye bhi main batau?" ( This also I'm supposed to tell?)

His mouth dropped open, " Are baba, subah subah kis baat par muh fula ke baithi hai ye to bata...muje koi sapna thode girega ki Anisha ko ye hua!" ( Tell me what's wrong. How would I know without you telling me?)

" Bas itna hi samajhte ho aap apni voti ko? Uske Mann ki baat bina uske bole aapko pata honi chahiye!" ( You understand your wife only this much? You should read her without her telling you!)

Abhimanyu sighed and shifted from beneath her.

She looked scared. However difficult she had been, he had never done that.

" If you want to play games, do that. I'm out of this."

With that said the door to the bathroom was slammed shut.

Anisha sighed and rationalised her thoughts. She was wrong to behave like an unreasonable person with him.

When he came out she paid no heed to his lower body wrapped in a towel with water droplets skidding on his chest, her only worry was to apologise and she wrapped her arms around his torso.

" I'm sorry Abhimanyu. I was being too harsh."

He did not say a thing.

" Ever since I saw today's date last night, my mood had been soured. It was the day, last year, when all hell broke loose. Then I don't know how I got to think about my ex and then I was thinking about us. It's just nine days for a year and we are not physically intimate. It bothers me to think I don't interest you."

Abhimanyu frowned and turned around.

" Whatever gave you the idea?"

" Uhhh...I was reading the marriage laws and according to it a marriage can be annulled within a year if the couple is not intimate."

" Anishaaaa" Abhimanyu's voice roared in the room.

She cowered under his stare.

" You!" He pointed a finger in her direction for the first time. " You concentrate on the entrance and if you can't do that tell me. So that I stop compromising on the office front."

For the first time she looked at things from his perspective. It was just not her dream to become a lawyer now it was his as well and he tried his best to not let her waver on the path she had chosen but her stupid thoughts made him feel otherwise.

" I am sorry."

" No. Stop apologising. You just concentrate on your work and let me go. I have better things to do than worry about a nonexistent annulment case or any sort of adultery for that matter!"

He pulled her hands off and began getting ready for the day.

With a teary nod she got the message. She sighed and entered the bathroom to wash off the tension.

To think she carried unnecessary burden about things that should not matter.

With a shaky breath she decided to not let him down and waste a day. Her entrance was his as well and they both needed to pass.