Chapter 38

Mind is a powerful tool. It can make or break a person.

After the morning's episode Abhimanyu had turned grumpy. He had grumpily had breakfast and then grumpily proceeded to have a site visit wherein his temporary secretary screwed up and then his mood took a deeper dive and since then he was holed up in his cabin grumpily signing the files.

Ah, the day was so grumpy,indeed.

His wife, Anisha, had seriously gone overboard with questions but then can he blame her?

He very well knew she was just stating her worries but then was she supposed to think about all this at this moment?

Hell! It was not just her entrance! Did she not understand that?

He had fought equally alongside her for her rights and then she thinks about all this! He was boiling in anger by mid-day and to soothe his temper he decided to have lunch. At least post lunch he could get a few things done.

Today he was having lunch alone because his father stayed at home and his brother had a lunch appointment. Sighing he opened his tiffin to find his favourites. Maybe his mom had a sudden outburst of love and instructed for his favourites to be cooked.

Rubbing his hands he plated the food. To his astonishment as he opened the compartment for roti he found a paper.

' You know me, I think and ask stupid things most of the times. I know no amount of apology would help the situation, still Forgive me. ;)

I love you and I'm sorry! ♥️'

Abhimanyu smiled after reading the card. A certain sense of happiness filled his being and he happily ate his food.

Afterall it was his wife who took the pain to cook all his favourite.

Not being ungrateful he did text her after his meal with a

' As always food was delicious and I love you!'

Anisha looked at the text and smiled. He had food and was comparatively in better mood. She smiled to herself and got busy in reading the newspaper.

Abhimanyu was going through his schedule when he noticed he was getting off at half past five today. He smiled and dialled a number

" Hello!"

" Are you free in the evening?" He asked.

" Yes. I am."

" If I send the driver would you get inside the car and come to whatever place he drives to?" He asked cryptically.

" Umm...you are sending the driver, right? Then I would." She replied truthfully.

He chuckled. " Yes, dear wife. Be ready by five and also wear casual."

She smiled and put the phone down.

Usually they would go to coffee shops after a busy day to have a momentary peace. Since a month, as she discontinued office, he was busy like anything. Just work, work and work.

His temporary secretary had him suffer headaches so often, she contemplated joining the office back. But with his glare and a few words of wisdom she would not even utter the offer.

As it was already half past four she winded up her work and went through her closet in search of something casual.

Her eyes landed on a chic dress which was casual and comfort. Picking it up she quickly washed her face and put the dress on.

She scrambled around for her pair of sunglasses and a delicate anklet for the foot

She scrambled around for her pair of sunglasses and a delicate anklet for the foot. She was ready.

To her luck the intercom rang and alerted her of the driver's arrival and with that she quickly descended the stairs and hurriedly sat in the back of the car that would lead her to her husband.

Soon the car slowed down and she was getting off it. He invited her to Worli Sea face.
She looked around and spotted him seated on a bench.

Smiling she went and sat beside him.

He looked at her, smiled and hit his head to hers.

She chuckled and pulled him towards her but the man, he pulled away!

" Abhimanyu idhar aao warna Seng aa jaayenge" ( Come here else horns will grow)

Abhimanyu chuckled and shaked his head. She puffed her cheeks and looked at him with narrowed eyes.

Suddenly looking at him in the light cast by the setting sun, her feelings for the man made their presence known. Those shining eyes radiating his happiness, the nose that crinkled when she tried being oversmart with him and the mouth that smirked. How can she forget the lips that showed her heaven on Earth. He was indeed so handsome and all hers.

" Ow!" She rubbed her head where he hit her with his.

" I know I am handsome but what if I really grow some horns!" He justified his action with a shrug.

She gave him a look and then shrugging her shoulders she said, " Well it would have suited your actions."

" Kya boli tum?"  ( What did you say?) He said loudly.

" Wahi jo aapne suna." ( What you heard) she shrugged her shoulders.

He dusted his shoulder and said, " Well I had thought about offering a shoulder while romantically holding hands and gazing at the setting sun. But then my actions should suit my title." He said nonchalantly.

She gaped at him and with force pulled his arm towards hers with both her hands and slipped closer to him such that she could comfortably rest her head on his shoulder. Once she settled in with minimal resistance from his side, she intertwined their hands and focussed on the setting sun.

Abhimanyu had a teasing smile on his face but said nothing.

For a few moments all they did was absorb the moment with comfortable silence around.

Once the sun set Abhimanyu's gruff voice broke the spell, " I am sorry." Taking in a deep breath he said, " I know you are stressed and all I do these days is tell you to just focus on your entrance but it is the truth. Focus on the exam because..." Gulping down the knot in his throat, " because you lost a chance previously and I was responsible. I don't want to interrupt this time."

Flabbergasted she looked at him and made him look into her eyes. " Never ever think you pulled me down. You gave me a second chance at life. I am forever grateful to you."

Tears filled her eyes thinking about the misery they faced in the initial half of the past year.

Abhimanyu wiped them with his thumbs and said, " It was my duty."

" It was not just a duty to you, it was your love, dedication, care towards me and I appreciate it. I apologised because I realised this is not just my dream anymore. It is our dream, one that I intend to fulfill." She declared.

Abhimanyu smiled proudly at her and said, " I also have a gift for you but it is to be given after the exam. Till then suffice with I love you." He kissed her cheek.

She smiled and said, " I can suffice my existence with those three words."