Chapter 6

All thanks to how fast we, especially Aunty Toyin walked from outside, we had now gotten to the living room.

Stepping even more, into the sitting room, left me gawking. Chandeliers dropping from the ceiling, chairs, curtains, home appliances that looked expensive, I couldn't help but look in awe. How was it possible for the sitting room to be times ten the size of my living room back home?

I, also didn't care if openly gawking would make me look like a village girl. Because, I definitely had never seen what I was seeing right now, so up close, except on TV or magazines.

"Demola!!!" Aunty Toyin, yelled, now pacing around in circles, looking like she was about to pull the head off of the person summoned.

"Demola is like you are mad abi? I'm calling your name and you are pretending like you can't hear me. Demola !!!!" She yelled, again, sounding even angrier now than before.

I stood, watching, waiting for drama to ensue.

"Honey, welcome o. Darling, you didn't tell me your mum was back." A man said, from a distance, now walking towards us.

I stared in the direction of the man, watching him increase his speed, now almost running towards us.

Just seeing him practically run, was enough reason to know that, he was definitely lacking in sense. It was good, he had his physical qualities to vouch for him.

His face emitted an handsomeness that could be best described as "Young and handsome". His average height and caramel skin, went well with the 'young and handsome' look. With the exception of the little grey hair on his head, anyone would probably think he was still in his 20's.

"Will you shut up there! I know that you normally don't have sense ehhn, so I'm not even surprised at your actions at all. Mumu man! Dindinrin ayé! ( head of all fools)WHY ARE YOU  SO LAZY?" aunty Toyin,  screamed, sounding extremely angry, so angry that I knew, she was pouring all of her pent up anger and frustration on him.

I stared, with wide open eyes. Was it her husband she was throwing such heavy insults at??

"Clothes! Ordinary Clothes o! You cannot wash. Plates, You cannot wash! To finish up your stupidity you  even went ahead to also burn my clothes! what did I do to deserve this? ehn? You this stupid man, tell me what you are useful for?? Just be thanking your stars that I'm not in the mood to lock you outside. If not ehhn, you'll know why White powder can never be cocaine!!" She yelled, hissing loudly, glaring so hard at him, automatically giving me the illusion that she would have burned him to ashes by now if she had for any reason gotten a laser for eyes.

"My wife, I'm sorry. I was washing all the toilets since morning and you know this house is big. So, before I could even blink it was too late to do the others. I'll still wash it, I promise." He replied, calm, his face sober and sad, almost kneeling to beg aunty Toyin.

Hearing him call Aunty Toyin his wife  was a major confirmation that he really was her husband. But... I was still confused.

"I cooked amala and ewedu with chicken for you guys to eat. Your clothes got burnt because the iron was too hot. Grace, welcome to our humble abode. You can call me Demola and please if you need anything, just shout my name. I'll be there. " He continued,now staring at me smiling, making me wonder if the insults Aunty Toyin gave him were mere jokes to him. Was I going deaf? Because he definitely sounded anything but angry.

"Who is this mumu man? Why is he acting so foolish? Is it a curse for the Men in my family to be idiots?" were the only thoughts in my mind as I smiled back at him.

"Okay no problem I will call you if I need something," I replied, using a polished version of my voice,  giving a smaller forced smile, trying to relieve the awkward tension I felt from talking to him.

Aunty Toyin suddenly clapped, laughing with mockery. I shifted my gaze , to Darling, trying to know why she was so quiet.

She looked disinterested, standing with her hands folded and brows squinted but that didn't stop her from still glaring at Demola, her supposed father.

"It is not only our humble abode. You should have even called it your humble abode. Brother dindinrin!! Grace please, follow me jare. Let me show you to your room. Don't  let this fool spoil your day." aunty Toyin said, shifting her gaze to me, a small forced smile now on her face, hissing and walking away, there by making Darling and I follow her behind.

Still following her behind , we climbed a staircase that was in the living room. The stairs on it led to an hallway with doors at different angles. How could one house be so big?

A smile crept up my face. It felt good to be finally out of my useless house. In fact , a part of me still felt like It was a dream and that soon I'd be awakened to the harsh reality of life. But... if it really was a dream I would be stuck in it than even bother waking up.

Pausing to stop suddenly in front of a door, aunty Toyin reached for the door handle and turned it , opening the door.

I screamed in excitement, still looking at the room before me. I loved it! It was like nothing I had ever seen. It seemed like the whole of my house was in a single room. With its stylish chairs, bed, and huge table mirror, it appeared like something out of a celebrity magazine.

"Aunty Toyin this is my room? " I asked, in shock.

Nodding her head, she smiled, making me let out another set of  excited screams.

"Of course,  it's your room. You don't like it? Don't worry, I can still make changes if you want but please for today just manage it because I'm already exhausted. Just Freshen up and come downstairs for your food." She replied, giving me another smile,  leaving with Darling, thereby granting me privacy to sort myself out.

I stared at her retreating figure, wondering if she was crazy. Why on earth would she think I was going to request change at all??

Was I mad??

The room was perfect and I loved it just the way it was.

I entered the room and reached for the door, closing it behind me, now walking towards the bed in the middle of the big room. For reasons I didn't understand, I couldn't wait to check out how fluffy and bouncy the big bed in the middle of the room was.

👋 Hi Hi!

Thank y'all for the reads and feedback. It means a lot to me, I really do appreciate it.

⚠️WAIT!!⚠️⚠️⚠️If you are enjoying this story please don't leave just like that. It'll only take seconds. VOTE AND FOLLOW ME.  If you have done it , thank you.

See you in the next chapter!