Chapter 30

My day had practically gone smoothly with being served in bed by Demola( the husband maid) to sleeping almost the whole day with my mum. Maybe her sleep was contagious.

It was surprising how Demola, didn't even say a word to me while he served food. He left me thinking I had imagined the everything that occurred in the early hours of the morning.

I sighed in content.

My mum obviously was sleeping, since that was all she ever did. Couldn't she pretend and not show her true, lazy self ??

I felt more than relaxed just laying on the bed doing nothing, with no one disturbing.

"Grrrrhhh!!!" I heard what sounded like a phone vibration, come from the direction of the drawer-stand near my bed.

I stretched my hand to my phone on the stand and, picked it up.

I checked the screen to notice that a number was calling. Wondering who would call me, because I clearly remembered not giving anyone my number, I curiously picked up the phone and put it on my left ear.

" hello."

" Please who is this?" I squinted my brows.

I heard no reply from the caller. I was instead met with silence.

" Hellooooo!" I was getting frustrated. How do you call a person and remain quiet?

Was that not stupidity in display???

" Who Is this oo!!" I lost all niceness and cool from my voice.

The line cut.

I removed the phone from my left ear, glared at the phone, and hissed.

Stupid people everywhere!!

Why did my first ever caller have to be a fool???

" Grrrhh!!" My screen lighted up and I heard my phone ring out again.

I hissed out, not wanting to pick the call after the stupidity the caller had just displayed.

I let the phone continue ringing as I held it in my hand.

The sound of the phone repeatedly ringing was starting to get on my nerves.

I picked up the phone, ready to insult the hell out of the idiot caller.

"You are mad!! You must be very stupid oooo!" I lashed out in anger.

" Ahhh Grace, be calming down. Is this how you treat your first time caller?" I froze.

I knew that annoying male voice.

ORE HAD MY NUMBER!!!!

Ore calling me smelt Darling all over.

I thought she didn't even have my number. She must have obviously gotten it someway since, ore now had It.

"Hellooo!!"

"Earth to Grace !!"

" Ore, so you are the human being that called me just now and kept quiet Abi? I swear, you don't have sense!!" I poured out my anger and frustration on him.

I was met with silence and a clearing of throat.

" Grace, I never spoke to you before, that wasn't me. I was calling but you weren't picking in the first place. And... When you finally pick, this is what I get as reward?" He cut the call.

I stared in regret at my screen. This my mouth heh!

Se, I should have just asked him first before insulting him?

I know the boy doesn't have sense normally but people don't like to hear truths about themselves or , maybe I hurt him.

I hissed. Abeg, he deserved me after making me suffer the last time I was in school. I wont forget how instead of showing us around he tookus to watch him dance. What speaks, " I don' t have sense" more than that??

My village people must be trying to make me suffer through him. Because come to think of it, I have never attended any class since the school resumed. And it's annoying how Darling doesn't seem to be bothered about attending classes. She only cared about her eye-service in front of ore. I could bet on my life that Darling was only encouraged to go to school because of Ore.

What did she even see in the fowl sef??

I hissed.

But, back to the call topic, If Ore didn't call before, then, who did?

I set a mental-reminder to ask Darling if she was the one that called.

Hey hey!

Happy Sunday to y'all!

Much love from me to you❤️❤️

Please vote, comment and follow.

You people don't like commenting. Why? 😩

It's every writer's joy to see comments. It allows us understand the mind of our readers😩.

Ejooo(Please) I am begging you to comment let me into your mind 🙏🙏🙏😭. Wait... That came out wrong. But... You get the idea!

Byee... Till next time.