Chapter 18

I looked outside the window, angry that rain had started. I had woken up to a very loud, heavy rain that was sure to beat me to a pulp if I dared step outside. Why did my village people have to strike today of all days?

I was sure darling was still laying on her bed sleeping. I didn't know where her room was located so, I couldn't even go find the room. There surely was no school for me today.

I looked at my new phone on my table and smiled. I finally had something I could call 'my phone. I stood up from my bed and stretched. I was hungry, so hungry that I didn't feel like brushing my teeth first. I had to satisfy my taste buds first!

I came out of my room, yawning and walking with caution. I was still scared of having another encounter with Roger.

I tiptoed, barefoot not forgetting to keep a close vigil with my front and back. I walked, slowly and quietly until I had gotten to the living room. Although I didn't know the exact location of their kitchen, I was going to trust my instincts on the location.

I walked slowly and quietly, still trying to find my way to the kitchen. Hunger could take one to places!

I walked past the sitting room and was on another part of the house that was also on the ground floor. I saw a classic wooden door that looked imported and expensive. I opened it, happy to finally explore a new part of the house. I had not been anywhere other than my room, the sickbay and the living room.

I opened the door to see a dark passageway that looked narrow. Why was there even a door leading to a tiny dark passageway? I walked in, ready to find out if there was anything special to the dark narrow passage. I couldn't see the end of the passage because the room was pitch black.

I felt stupid walking in but still at the same time wanted to know what was in the darkroom. I had no torch or source of light, just my dumb barefooted self.

Walking through the dark passage made me imagine a lot of things.

What if my village people appeared suddenly?

What if I was entering a juju room?

What if I was walking into roger's part of the house??

Imagining those scenarios in my head made me uneasy. I didn't want to go forward again. The room had started to creep me out and I was starting to get scared. I couldn't see anything but the darkroom. Where exactly was my sense when I entered the room??

A sudden whisper cut my line of thoughts. A hushed deep voice echoed in the room. I could only hear statements like "yes", "no" and "soon enough".

I stood and looked around. I was scared, who sent me to enter the room??!  I looked around scared, of moving forward or back.

"My enemies have finally gotten me sha". I lamented out loud, almost on the verge of crying.

The whispers stopped and now I could hear feets shuffling in my direction. I stood, hoping to follow whoever it was out of the room.

" Who is there!" A voice yelled, it was almost like demola's voice.

I stood, quiet and calm clueless about what to do.

"Who is there oo!!" The voice yelled again.

" erm... It's grace." I replied quietly and timidly.

I was tracked by the direction my voice came from. The shuffling of feet got closer until the person had gotten to where I stood.

" Grace, It's demola. what the heck are you doing here?" the voice I had now confirmed as demola said, before holding my hands and dragging me to walk with him.

I was confused. What was demola doing in such a dark room? How did he know his way around the passageway?

"Thank you, sir, I just got lost. But if I may ask, what were you doing there?" I replied, still holding his hands and walking with him.

Demola pretended like he had not heard what I said. He continued to walk, ignoring my question and making it look like I had not said anything. We finally got to the entrance of the passage, he opened the door and we came out.

The light affected my eyes for the first five seconds because my eyes had already adjusted to the darkness of the passageway. I looked at demola, with a smile on my face, happy to be finally out of the creepy room.

Demola looked back at me with a smile that looked fake and forced.

"I suggest you start minding your business." demola said, before adding an awkward laugh and bringing a key out of his pocket to lock the room.

I couldn't believe it. Had I imagined it? why did he sound different?
Was this the same mumu man I knew?

I nodded and smiled back before walking away to leave him by the door. At this point, I had forgotten about the hunger that brought me downstairs in the first place. Now, all I wanted was to get back to my room.

HI!!!

ARE YOU CURIOUS?? 😁😁

JUST OUT OF CURIOSITY. DO YOU HAVE ANY FRIENDS WHO ACT LIKE ANY OF THE CHARACTERS FROM HOUSE OF MADNESS?

😁 MENTION THEM AND RUN!

IF THEY ARE WATTPADDERS, YOU CAN MENTION THEM WITH "@"

I LOVE EVERY ONE OF MY READERS, KEEP READING, FOLLOWING AND VOTING. BYEEE DARLINGS! ❤️