Chapter 14

Whoever said five minutes was short? Five minutes had become to ten minutes to 15 minutes. We had been trekking for fifteen whole minutes with Ore talking nonstop!!

It was torture, hearing him speak while my thighs were hurting. The dusty road path we were trekking on wasn't helping things either. The dust kept entering my eyes as some cars drove by.

How much longer was this going to take?

"Ore please what's all this stress now? Sebi you said it was just a five-minute walk. The way we have been walking since ehhn it looks like one hour." I complained, forgetting to talk in my fake accent , stopping my walk to look at him, a hand on my chest trying to take deep breaths.

I had to stop to take deep breaths. I felt like I was going to die on the spot. Ore looked as normal as anything. He didn't even look affected by the distance of the walk.

"Aww, sorry. It's because you are slow and not fast in trekking. It usually takes me five minutes to get to the school if I'm already where I met you. You should try working out ooo. Look at how you are gasping for breaths, you remind me of my junior sister." Ore replied, pausing to look at me before bursting into a fit of laughter.

How did a conversation about distance get to his junior sister??

" If only you can understand why I'm laughing ehhn, you'll run fast so that I will never compare you to her again. As in like you'll even teleport from here to Germany once you know why I'm laughing." Ore continued, laughing in between each sentence.

What was he even talking about?

I was sure ore was in the wrong course of study. How could an aspiring Engineer be such a talker? Weren't they all supposed to be calm, collected, intelligent and reserved?

Another exhausting Five minutes later...

" Ehn ehn we are there now." Ore said, pointing at a very big beautiful gate that had 'University of Ibadan' written on it.

I looked up at where he pointed his hands, feeling very happy that I had finally gotten to my promised land after 20 minutes of hell with Ore.

I celebrated , happy I would finally getting rid of ore, before, suddenly remembering that I knew nowhere in the school. I still needed him.

I wanted to cry. Why was this happening to me?

" I'll show you and help you to the admissions office. I'll even help you out so that you are attended to on time." Ore continued, pausing in his walk to look at me expectantly.

I had no choice. He didn't even wait for me to ask about it.

" No problem na, I really appreciate your effort in helping a stranger you know nothing about. Thanks so much". I thanked him with a smile, happy to have finally gotten to the school. My appreciation was probably the most sincere thing I had said to him all day.

He grinned at me before walking into the school, with me following him like a lost puppy. The road inside the school was tarred and I couldn't help but admire it. There were so many students in the school, all looking familiar with the surroundings.

Ore was surely popular with students because we had already passed 8 students who threw familiar pleasantries at him. Out of all the pleasantries thrown at him, the one that caught my attention was a group of students calling him, "the king of dance."

Spotting the admission office, we walked faster, entering into the building. We entered the building to meet a waiting room filled with lots of sitting students, waiting for their turn.

Still surveying my surroundings, my eyes caught sight of Darling among the students sitting and waiting. Knowing I had no shot with all the students gathered, I wondered if I was going to wait forever.

If students who had gotten there before me had still not been attended to, what then would happen to me?

As I walked with Ore, following him to the front of the room with a receptionist stationed, I met the gaze of Darling staring at me with both surprise and disgust evident on her face.

The surprise on her face gave me so much more satisfaction than I could even describe. She probably thought I would never make it.

I quickly gave her a small smile that must have looked sincere to anybody seeing me smile at her.

" Wait here." ore said, walking to the receptionist's desk and whispering incoherently to her.

"Please who is Kemi? please come into the office, we are ready for you." The receptionist yelled, her voice tired probably from sitting down and telling people the same thing all day.

"Kemi, Oya na didn't you hear the receptionist call you?" Ore said as he motioned for me to come with the file I was holding.

Aunty Toyin had gotten all of my documents. I didn't even know how she did it but, she arranged all of it in a file and gave me this morning while I was leaving with Darling.

Nodding my head, I could hear the murmurs of students as I walked toward the office but I didn't even blame them. After all I had from nowhere gotten to my turn.

Remembering the fact he still didn't know my real name made me almost burst into laughter. Was I supposed to tell him my real name?

I walked to the door ore stood waiting for me , and opened the doo, entering the office. I was about to close it behind me when , ore held the door handle and entered with me.

"Has he not helped enough? Why is he still entering the office with me?" was the only question in my head as I watched him close the door behind.

What do you think of ore? 😂

He can talk for Africa ehhn! 😂😂

If you love House of madness, why don't you mention the names of your Wattpad friends in the comment section that you think would love House of madness.

I'm also very sorry if there are typographical errors. I really try my best to reduce errors but I'm only human and am bound to make mistakes. Now, With all that said and done, Please VOTE , COMMENT and FOLLOW!❤️🙏