Chapter 21

"Grace!! Grace!!!" Darling yelled quite annoyingly, banging the door with a force that would make anyone think she was about to bring it down.

I stretched lazily, obviously still not ready to get up from my soft bed. "Queen Darling" just had to frustrate me this morning, didn't she??

Irritated, I turned my body lazily to my side to check if my mum was still sleeping. She curled up on a tiny part of the bed- the edge of the bed, looking like she would fall off the bed at the slightest push. I was also sure her being at the edge of the bed was my fault, because I never hesitated to toss and turn when asleep .... no matter how small the bed was.

I looked at her in amusement, wondering how she was able to still sleep peacefully in spite of Darling's disturbance.

"Grace!!!! Are you okay??! I don't even know why you locked the door in the first place!! Come and open this door oo! "Darling yelled, again disrupting my thoughts with her mosquito-like voice.

I locked the door last night by mistake and forgot to open it back and for once, I felt great about making such a mistake.

How was it even possible that her voice kept getting louder each time she yelled my name? If I wasn't sure of anything, one thing I was beginning to confirm was that she, definitely must have been an asylum patient in a past life.

I groaned again, in annoyance as I slowly sat up straight on the bed, trying to mentally prepare myself for when I would let her in. With a final sigh this time, I stood up, ready to face the beast that was Darling.

I got to the door and made a praying motion with the Trinity as I had seen in the movies, I touched my head and two shoulders and slowly turned the key in the keyhole. The second the door opened with a click sound, Darling pushed it open with a force that could have disfigured my face if not for my distance, I was lucky to have moved my body a little after turning the key on the door. Five more meters and I would have probably been groaning in pain by now.

Even though I felt angry at her for almost injuring me with the door, I still couldn't help but feel happy that it didn't hit me on my face and disfigure my already average_looking face.

" Oh! So, you finally decided to grace me with your royal presence Abi??" She mocked, with sarcasm in her voice as she stood with her hands folded on her chest and eyes staring daggers at me.

"I'm_"
" You better just hold it there if it's an apology that you want to give me!! "She interrupted before I could even finish my statement.

I was about to apologize for the sake of peace. I for one, wasn't ready to hear her annoying mosquito voice complain this early morning.

" It's like Demola is already infecting you with his didinrin spirit. I don't know what your problem is sef! You'll just be stressing somebody this early morning, Abi can't you see that this beautiful skin of mine doesn't need stress, especially not from you !!" Darling complained, not bothering to give me space to even say a word.

I stood with my hands behind my back, pinching hard at my fingers just to try and remain calm. I was so close to losing my cool. I looked at her, a small forced smile coming to my face.

"I really do get how you feel and I'm very sorry. It won't happen again, okay? " I apologized in the calmest voice I could muster.

She hissed and glared at me before stamping her feet.

" Whatever! That one is your business. That's not what I'm here for, I'm here to tell you to start getting ready. I won't go late because of you so you better start getting ready now!! Our class is at 9, Ore already sent me Law's 100-level timetable. God bless that boy's soul." She said, before ending with a huge smile on her face that was probably because she mentioned Ore.

" And... also remind me to collect your number because if I had your number, I wouldn't have had to go through this stress. I'm leaving now, go get ready and better wear something nice! Don't go and embarrass me in front of Ore! " She added before taking a final glance at me and walking away.

I closed the door gently before going to bed to check the time on my phone. I tapped the phone and the screen lit up and read, 7: 00 AM.

Why did I suddenly have the feeling that Darling was going this early for the sake of Ore?

I dropped my phone back on the bed and walked to the bathroom to start getting ready. Before opening the bathroom door, I paused and looked at my mum in wonder. How on earth was she able to sleep through Darling's drama??

.
.
.
.
.
.
" Darling please slow down, it's still early," I begged Darling fearfully.

We had left the house with Darling driving the car on the road like she was in a car race. Where were our road safety officers when we needed them ?? Now,  was the perfect time for them to stop us but... no! They were nowhere to be found.

The time on my phone read 8: 00 AM.

I checked the time on my phone, with the thought that if I told her the exact time it was, she would know there was still enough time to get there and maybe. Just maybe. ... slow down.

" Grace what exactly is your problem? Please don't stress me o!! I have a driver's license and not you so, I don't understand why you are trying to control me" Darling replied with her eyes still focused on the road, not even sorry for me knowing I was in the front with her, suffering her crazy driving.
.
.
.

MINUTES LATER...

" Yay!! Thank God we are here on time, I want to call Ore to know if he's in school so that he can show us around before lectures time. I can't wait for them to give us a tour around the school. I doubt they'd even do it sef." Darling said as she came down from the black jeep she drove us in. 

At this point, I was probably happier than Darling that we had arrived at the school. Why? Well simply because Darling was the definition of 'crazy!!!'

Who overtakes trailers on a one-way road????!!!!!

A/N
HI GUYS!!  WHO MISSED ME ??  😁😁 WELL, IF YOU DIDN'T I MISSED YOU ALL. I'M BACK AND READY TO GIVE Y'ALL BACK-TO-BACK UPDATES!!

SO, I NOTICED A LOT OF Y'ALL HAVEN'T BEEN COMMENTING AND I REALLY DO NOT LIKE IT SOOO, PLEASE I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT IF YOU COULD COMMENT AFTER READING.

UPDATES LOADING... SO PLEASE, KEEP FOLLOWING, COMMENTING, AND READING!!!  🙏