Chapter 33

"Wake up dear." A voice whispered in my ears, it sounded almost faraway. It felt like I was in a sleep state that allowed me to be aware of my surroundings.

" Wake up." The same familiar voice whispered so softly, the words felt like lullaby.

" Grace , please wake up." This time the voice increased in volume by just a little . It was still calm but had a bit of frustration in it.

The sudden disturbance of an annoying voice in my ears caused me to sleepily groan in annoyance.

I needed my sleep!

Opening my eyes slowly, I tried to adjust my eyes to the sudden invasion of light due to closing my eyes in sleep since last night.

Completely done with adjusting my eyes to the surroundings , I nearly bulged my eye from the sockets due to the shock of seeing Darling in my front.

It couldn't be.

How was she the sweet lullaby voice that was telling me to awaken??

Abi, Was I still dreaming?

I had to be dreaming!

" Good morning Grace." She greeted, staring at me with a wide, big smile on her face.

I remained frozen in place like one who had seen how he would die .

Darling?? Acting Nice??

Darling greeted me Good morning??

I had to be dreaming !

" Erm, Goo-Good morning Darling" I stammered and forced out a smile, trying not to visibly choke on my greetings .

" Hope your night was fine?" I forced out another smile, hoping with all my mind that this was my imagination messing with me.

I mean , when did Darling decide to have sense??

"Ahh!  No, jhor! Don't ask about my night compared to yours, mine is unimportant. Like really unimportant. So don't worry , okay? How was yours , dear?" Darling asked again, an even wider smile on her face that looked extremely genuine.

"So?" She was obviously awaiting a response. Something I had for reason forgotten to do .

" Err... " I cleared my throat.

"Yes... Yes ...it was good." I ended still on my very fake smile.

She nodded her head.

" of course that's expected. You're Grace and you are special."

My eyes went as wide as slacked rubber band.

What ??

Who was this and where was Darling ??

That statement definitely did it. When had Darling since I moved in ever given me a compliment.

Did she loose her memory?

I shook my head, and took a silent deep breath to organise myself .

No. This was God answering my prayers.

But... that definitely didn't mean I wasn't going to still do my plans.

I smiled back at her and nodded my head.

"Just go get ready okay ? We'd be going to school today. I realise I've not been going so I don't want you to miss out , okay?" She sighed and turned to walk away as I watched her from my position on he bed, drag her feet on the tile floor of the room.

" Love you!" She shut the room door I didn't know was even opened .

It was so weird I felt like the room was echoing , HATE YOU!

I released an invisible breath.

It felt unusual , strange and disturbing to see Darling suddenly nice .

Oh well, at least, this time,  she didn't bang my door , open in the name of waking me up.

She woke me up like the queen I was supposed to be treated as.

A/N

Hi guys I'm sorry for the short chapter I just really wanted the previous chapter and this to be together. The next scene won't be this short... I'm sorry.

I'm very excited to tell you about someone who has changed me for the best... someone who has loved me more than anyone and also knows my every fears and pains. That person is Jesus . Jesus died on the cross for you not because of anything but love. He loved us so much he had to die to free us from our sins.

Would you like to know that Jesus?

Then say...

" Jesus I welcome you to my life and, I want you to fill me with your unexplainable love. I want you to fill up the space that the things of the world have taken or tried to take. And... please remove the spirit of religion from me cos I want a real relationship with you. Thank you lord for answering my prayers .

Yay!! You are now a child of God !!

Thanks to everyone adding H.O.M to their library I appreciate it soo much.

Byeeeee👋🏻❤️😁