Chapter 26

Aunty Toyin's PoV

I paced around the sitting room in panic, how could Darling be so careless with Grace??

She knew the real reason why of all public universities , I chose University of Ibadan. She knew why we couldn't take risks with anything.

" Demola!!!" I yelled, already knowing he would be running from wherever he was, to get to me. It never got old. Stupid men were definitely my personal favourite.

"Yes!!" He said, running towards where I stood in the sitting room.

" Did you notice anything unusual when you picked Grace?" I asked, still unsure that everything was cool.

"No, Toyin everything was normal" he replied his head bowed, making me spark up in anger at him mentioning my name.

What right did he have to call me by my name? The guts of him!

"Just Shut up!!! What gave you the right to call me by name?? Oh,so because I asked you a simple question you now think we are on the same level? Idiot!! I don't know why you always want to prove how much you lack sense" I yelled, still very angry about him calling me by name.

" I'm sorry" he muttered, apologetically, his head still bowed.

Still feeling very unsatisfied with his apology, I did the one thing that I knew would make me happy and satisfied.

" Kneel down!" I yelled, watching him immediately go on his knees, his head still bowed.

" Now, slap yourself twenty times without pause and call yourself stupid while at it!" I yelled, feeling satisfied now seeing him raise his hand, to slap his face.

I smiled in content. Stupid just like I wanted him to be .

" I am very stupid" He said, while slapping his face like I had instructed.

" I am very stupid" He continued, giving me joy as I walked to a long sofa to sit and enjoy the show.

" I am very stupid" He continued, still slapping himself hard on his face.

" I know I am very stupid." He continued, making me raise my brows in anger. The exact words I told him were " I am very stupid". So,why then was the fool changing it?

" Hold! hold it there! Must you show your stupidity every single time??"  I asked, feeling angry at his violation of my instructions.

His head remained bowed. Like it should be.

" Now, go back to the punishment and do it well!" I gritted in anger, hoping Grace or her mum wouldn't hear how loud I screamed due to Demola's stupidity.

" Hi mummy!" a familiar female voice said , making me turn my head in the direction of the front door, where her voice came from, to see Darling enter the house with a smile on her face, now closing the door.

I watched her stare at Demola and burst into a laughter of mockery before walking to the direction of where I sat.

" School was crazy stressful today." She said again, staring at me, sitting on a chair near the one I was in.

" why aren't you saying anything?" She asked, noticing my silence.

I stared at her, giving a blank stare, not letting on anything.What did she want me to say?

" What do you want me to say? Ehn! You know why I'm angry!" I yelled, facing her, my expression angry.

She gazed at me with what looked like fear, surprise and fear again.

" Ohhh Is it because of Grace?" she asked, causing me to glare at her.

No, It was because of goats!

" Stupid question. And, yes. Grace came home with Demola. Can you tell me why?" I asked, staring, blankly, my brows raised, giving her my most intense stare.

She stared back, keeping direct eye contacts, now looking nervous. Her uneasiness made me even angrier. Had I taught this girl nothing about never showing nervousness??

" Oh that?" she replied, giving a laugh I thought was unnecessary.

" We were together but something came up so, I asked her to wait for me. But, Before I turned back like this, she just disappeared. Is she home? Wait what am I even saying sef. Of course she is home. How else would you know?" She continued, adding another unnecessarily nervous laugh.

I stared, quietly, studying her actions. I watched her bite her lips and tap her laps, a sign that she obviously was leaving something out.

" Darling!" I yelled, making her flinch a little at my voice.

" Don't make silly mistakes or else I'll change my mind about what I promised you. You are showing signs of the things we hate. One more strike and you're out!" I continued, making her bow her head in shame.

" And... please stop that nonsense. I hate it! Leave the Bowing Of head to that fool, Demola. " I added, causing her to raise her head to give me a quick firm nod.

Suddenly remembering Demola's presence in the living room,I turned my gaze to look at him, now seeing him asleep, still on his knees.

The nerve of the fool to sleep on duty!

" Demola!! " I yelled, making him, open his eyes in sudden fear, at my loud voice.

Cleaning his eyes, he quickly bowed his head.

" I have had enough of you for one day. Go and prepare something for everyone to eat and it better taste delicious!" I yelled, glaring hard at him, as he nodded his head, now standing up and running in the direction of the dining.

I smirked. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

" Darling, don't worry go and freshen up and relax. Tell Grace and her mum that they should come down soon for food. Do it as you are going up to your room. Thanks . Fine girl!" I said, staring at her, now smiling.

" You this girl sef. You are so funny" I added, laughing hard on the sofa.

Smiling back at me, Darling stood up, walking in the direction of the stair case.

Hi Hi!!❤️👋

I'm so happy about the 3k reads. Thank you all so much!! I logged in to meet it and You have no idea how joyous it makes me. As a treat, I gave the update earlier than I wanted to.

Also, I have a new book like I told you in the previous chapter. A paranormal Nigerian story. I'll publish it for the first time tomorrow. I'll release four chapters for the first time ever since I started publishing. Clap for me O!! 😁😂
The next chapter of H.O.M would be a full description of my new book with a sneak preview of its chapter 1. I promise you overall enjoyment on the new book. Please make sure to support because it's for a contest.

Also, I have edited all of the chapters in this book. It's now way easier to read and enjoy. You could check it out and tell me what you think. ❤️

Finally, I'll be updating every Sundays from now onwards. It'll keep me from making you wait so long for updates . But that won't stop me from updating other days, if I feel the need to.

Now, that all is said and done, please🥺🙏 don't forget to vote, comment and follow  me!! 🌝

Please do it right now!❤️❤️🙏

All of my silent readers, I see you oo!! 👌