Chapter 29

"Open this door !!"

"Grace open this door !!!" The voice got louder banging the room door.

I opened my eyes slowly, feeling my head ache. It felt like someone was pounding yam with a mortal and pestle on my head.

" Grace are you crazy!!! I said,open this door!"

From the loudness and familiarity of the annoying voice I knew only one person could be the cause of such stupidity.

One person only.

Of course, it was Darling!! Whoever said it would be a sin to lock my room door?

It was annoying the way she kept hitting the door and making the headache I felt worse.

" Darling I'm coming." I groaned in annoyance. I doubt she even heard me from how loud she was hitting the door.

" I swear I'll break this door down!!! I know karate oo!! Don't try me!!"

I rolled my eyes , as I stood up from the bed. She knows karate my butt!

I walked closer to the door.

1...

I held the door knob.

2...

I took a deep breath.

"Are you deaf? Open this door, right now!"

3...

I took an even deeper breath and turned the door knob, open.

I moved back quickly.

" You are very stupid!!" She opened the door hard, causing me to flinch a little at the force she opened the door with.

" Sorry, I was sleeping." I muttered, grudgingly. I obviously didn't mean half or even quarter of the apology.

Why was I always the one apologizing sef??

Darling glared at me.

There was something off about her as I stared just, I couldn't put a finger on it.

" Swallow back your apology! Useless thing!!" She shot more glares , with nothing but pure hatred in them. The hatred she exhibited, was even worse than what she showed me on other days.

" Will you keep quiet there!!

I've been listening to you open and close your mouth like an annoying fly!

If there's any body that should be called a useless thing , it is you!!!

Stupid girl!" A loud female voice interrupted.

We turned in the direction of the voice, to see my mum glaring hot daggers at Darling from where she sat on the bed. She must have been awake and  heard Darling's rant. I could bet on one hundred per cent that Darling's loud voice must have awoken her. My mum never did joke with her sleep.

" I am stupid,  should be your logo!" She continued.

I gasped in Surprise.

"I'm _

sorry __

ma. " Darling stammered .

I turned my neck at Darling, so fast I thought it would snap. Was it me or did Darling just stammer ??

" I'm sorry ma" She cleared her throat, and sounded firmer, as if she hadn't just said the same thing in a stammer.

" You should blame your daughter for not listening to instructions. The girl Is stubborn and never likes to hear word. If you weren't my mum's sister I wouldn't let you get away with how you just spoke with me." She folded her hands , sounding disinterested, an exact opposite of how she was moments ago.

" Anyway, Grace I came to deliver a sad news. And it's all thanks to this news that we won't be going to school today. " she sighed.

Darling really did sound sad, which got me curious.

" I really can't believe it but..." She sniffled.

I stared in surprise, Darling was sniffling ???

Even though listening to her sniffle was a weird thing to watch. I still felt joy bubble at the pit of my belly and soul. Call me wicked .

I don't care.

" Rodger is dead!" She burst into sudden tears , finally toping the chart of the list of impossible things I never imagined I would see Darling do. Cry.

I cleared my throat, trying not to laugh out and burst myself open at the joy I felt. Her pain was obviously my joy.

She continued crying.

Was she expecting me to console her?

" oh sorry." I muttered, dryly.

" Foolish girl! I know you are happy about my sweetheart's death!!! Just know that I will keep my promise of what I said yesterday. You must cry by this time next week." She hissed, walked swiftly to the door, opened it and came out , banging the door shut.

" This girl is crazy sha" I burst into laughter. How was a Tiger even her sweet heart??

" Is this how she is like everyday?" My mum hissed.

" Ahh today is a good day sef. God has served her share of breakfast. Her tears gave me one kind of joy ehh." I laughed and walked to sit on the bed, to face my mum.

" Can you imagine ?" She hissed.

" So your Aunty Toyin is raising goat for daughter." She muttered, loud enough that I heard.

" You have no idea" I laughed.

With how serious she was, about having an information to pass on, one would think she had more important things to tell me.

What was she thinking when she told me?

Did she think I'd join her in tears??

If only she knew how much Rodger's death was music to my ears.

Hiii!! 😂👌

House of Madness is back in business👏👏😁

Lol with the things I have planned for this book heh, this might be just quarter of the book. Problem is I'm a lazy writer 🤦‍♀️

Anyway.... We are going back to the every sunday update because I've fixed my phone now. Don't worry this update doesn't disrupt sunday's update. 😁👌

Thanks to everyone who added House of madness to their library and reading list!! I appreciate the efforts. ❤️❤️😩🙏