Chapter 10

I had said it before and I'd say it again. My village people are frying Akara on my head!

Why else would what happened in the store happen? What happened to me was a sign that I was being monitored in the spirit realm. Because, Why was it when aunty Toyin wanted to buy me clothes that the ATM Card knew it had to go empty? Why!

Even more, I felt like strangling Darling to the point of death. Why did she have to do something so stupid?

Worse still, Why was she even called darling? She was the exact opposite of her name! Why was a devil's incarnate named darling??

We had gotten home about two hours ago and I had since changed out of my clothes, sitting on a living room chair alone because Darling and aunty Toyin had gone upstairs probably to their separate rooms.

"Grace, why are you looking like someone suffering from epilepsy? I didn't know you're gradually running mad sha ". A voice full of mockery, that I immediately recognised to be Darling's, interrupted my thoughts.

"Speak of the devil and she appears" was a perfect and suitable description of the scenario.

As much as I wanted to press her neck and maybe sit on her head too, I couldn't. I mean why would I? I had to be nice. Her mum was my benefactor so, I couldn't afford to do something so stupid. In fact just thinking of how returning to that hell hole would feel like was enough to make me snap my brain to reality.

"I'm sorry about the whispering, it's just that I was thinking about what happened earlier today at the shopping mall, I'm not running mad okay?" I apologized in the calmest and nicest voice I could force out, anyone would think I couldn't even hurt a fly.

I deserved an award. Maybe a Nobel price for my exceptional acting skills. I mean who else could get into an act as fast as me? Even the greatest movie stars needed time to master their character. If humans somehow had mind reading powers, then, and only then, would Darling know just how bad I wanted to strangle her.

I knew God in heaven, was definitely shaking his head at me in disappointment saying " my child, have you forgotten that you shall love your neighbour as yourself??"

"Madam, I don't know why you are so deep in thought. What are you thinkimg about that you have been ignoring me?? God knows that I really don't have strength for all this wahala(problems) so, let's just do this and get it over with. 

Darling hissed. 

I had probably zoned out in my thoughts and not heard her speak. 

 I gave a small , apologetic smile, edging her to go on with what she had to tell me. 

"Ehn Ehn. Sebi, my mum said you should come and take clothes from my closet? Well, I just came to remind and also tell you that you should use sense to take clothes. Don't go and empty my whole closet oo!" Darling's sweet voice made her words even more annoying. 

After disturbing my ears, she smiled and walked away in the direction of the staircase, probably heading to her room.

She walked away in a very majestic manner. With the way, she kept swaying her waist left and right, anyone would think she was on a runway. It was almost like she was rubbing the fact she had a beautiful and perfect body shape in my face. My body was slim and had nothing special to it. Darling's on the other hand had thick thighs and a tiny waist. She had a body shape I could only dream of.

Three hours later...

"Grace you'll not come now abi?", Darling complained from the staircase after meeting me in the same spot she had left me in, a shocked and annoyed expression on her face as she walked towards where I sat.

I couldn't kill myself! I had been watching movies from the time she left me in the living room. I was watching a Korean movie on a channel.

I had not gotten the luxury of watching movies, I never had the time or Tv to do it. So, Why was she rambling and disturbing my peace?!

"Grace what's your stress? I'm trying to help you and you're still doing like one idiot!  Kilo de gan? (what is your problem?) Come and take the clothes now because I'll not answer you later." Darling snapped with irritation, as I continuex to stare at the Tv. The actors were so hot.

I groaned Internally, hating every bit of her interruption. Why was the girl just so annoying?? Was she 19 or 2 years old ?? 

"I won't collect the clothes back so as not to get infected by whatever disease or sickness yoy might have. It is only God that knows if you have any skin disease self, with the way you look like." She shiver in disgust, as if the thought of it was enough to kill her . She was such a drama queen!  

Who did she think she was, The Queen of England? ??

I bit my lips, holdimg myself from saying anything. 

"Oh sorry about that , I'm coming now ". I replied instead, keeping my words short and to the point.

I stood up and gave my biggest, widest smile, cursing her with every smile I threw in her direction.  

A/N
Hi guys!!!

I told y'all I'd be updating constantly didn't I ?😁😁

Grace is trying sha because I don't think I'd be patient enough to not squeeze Darling's neck.

Let's get to 2 k views! Please share and tell your friends about House of Madness.

Please don't forget to vote, comment and follow!!!
I love y'all, Soo soo much.

See you in the next chapter.❤️