Chapter 37

"Mummy! It is finished! Those idiots have struck o! It is 2:0 this time, I swear!  They even dared to take one of our own! The guts ooo!!!" I clapped and screamed at the top of my voice.

Was I being overly dramatic?

Maybe.

Well, I wasn't denying that I was.

It was cringeworthy but I needed to go all out If I was going to hit this off.

Besides, we were talking about my mum. The queen of all things pretence and drama. A drama-spewing machine was she. So, yes. I had every reason to be crazy.

I continued, pacing the living room, gasping and gaping all simultaneously with such professionalism that anyone would think I was about to have a panic attack

For a split moment, and I mean a half a second.

I wish I had not rushed through with Grace's issue.  My desperation to be rid of her could cause me problems.

I recalled how far I was willing to go...

...

Capture the lead and you have a head start. Follow the black jeep car on the one-way Express road. There are a ton of those you might probably find on the road, who knows? Well, not my problem. This is a lead. Find them to destroy your catch. Destroy the organisation

                          Signed,
                                      Crazyisme
...

"Darling"

A voice called out interrupting my flashback.

I looked in the direction of the voice. And immediately felt irritation as I saw who had called out my name.

The guts of the idiot!

Staring at me while making my blood boil was none other than Demola!

His concerned stares made me angrier.

" Ode! Did I send for you!?" I snapped.

"No" he whispered looking down at his feet. His useless, ugly feet.

This man was ruining my act with his annoying presence.

" Can you leave? " I hissed and snapped my fingers in annoyance.

His head remained bowed, as he slowly raised his head and nodded.

I smirked.

The gratifying feeling I got from controlling others was the most beautiful thing I could describe.

I smiled in contentment, as I watched him turn his back and walk in the direction of the stairs.

Now, where was I in my act?

Yes...

" I swear those people must pay!!! Ahh!" I continued with my dramatic screams.

"Madness o! They have not seen it! Foolish people oo!"

"Darling!!" A loud voice I immediately recognised as my mother's interrupted.

I swear my heart rate increased. But, I kept my cool.

"Ahh mummy you heard me o! I jumped up, and took in hard, loud breaths.

"Darling I did not train you for nothing! What happened to not showing weakness???" She snapped angrily.

I knew she hated any sign of weakness but,  this was for a good cause.

" I'm sorry" I immediately whispered loud enough for her to hear me and remained silent.

She took a deep breath and walked closer to me with a serious look in her eyes. Now, she was interested in what I had to say.

"Grace was taken" I dropped the bomb, with a straight expression on my face.

I didn't need to make her angrier by acting weak.

She held her gaze on me for what felt like 1 whole minute without blinking her eyes. I did the same. communicating the gravity of the matter with my eyes.

" Okay." She finally replied in a very calm voice. The calmest I was sure I had ever heard her speak in.

She surprised me even more as she turned around to walk away.

I stared at her retreating figure in surprise.

What happened to questioning?

Didn't she want to know how Grace was taken?

Why didn't she complain about my being unable to fight for Grace?

She walked away?

Why?

Now I began to see how deep I was in trouble if she ever found out about the weaknesses I had shown all because I wanted the idiot that called herself Grace,  out of my sight.

Author's Note

Okay okay okay okayyy! I have missed y'all! So glad to be back! Tbh I am so shocked each time I see that the reads of this book are increasing. It is ongoing and I have not updated it in a while.

Happy New Year. It is a new year so I won't be making any promises and not keep to them. But one thing I can say is H.O.M MUST BE  completed!

What are your thoughts on what is happening right now in H.O.M ? If you are also confused or lost please share too❤❤

See you next time in H.O.M!!😁👋