Chapter 24

Darling's POV

I walked away from the dance spot, leaving a gawking and confused ore behind. Still walking, I looked around trying to get a glimpse of Grace in my surroundings. Where on earth was the annoying being??

Something was very clear. I was going to make sure to practically kill her when I get my hands on her. Why was the girl so annoying? First, she challenged ore when he was showing us around and now, she left on her own knowing I had no way of communicating with her??

What was even my business? I hissed out in annoyance. It was because of my mum I even got bothered in the first place. Why else would I care about her absence? Mum would be so mad if she found out Grace wandered the school all on her own, especially if she found out that I was dancing while it happened. Or worse, if she found out I was recorded dancing. She was always fond of reminding me the importance of no one of having me on video, and I knew its importance too but... I just didn't think when ore called me to join him.

Bringing my phone out of my pocket to check the time, I tapped the screen and let it light up. The time on the screen read 11:00 am. 

I smirked, knowing how much time we had wasted in the name of Ore showing us around. If only he knew that I understood the school better than anyone.

I stopped walking, feeling satisfied with myself for getting to the faculty building. I gazed at the entry of the building, still silently contemplating if to still go for class or back home. Besides, class would end in an hour's time so, I wouldn't have much to lose right??

I brought out my handkerchief from my back pocket and cleaned my face with it, suddenly noticing I was getting stares from people around the building- Both those going in and out of it. I smiled and rolled my eyes at their obvious stares. Could I really blame the poor commoners??

One would even think growing up with such open stares would make me so used to it that I'd start having a form of resentment but... the truth was that, I loved the attention.

Knowing I was still being stared at, I raised my head up and stood straight. Next, I took my already flat tummy in, to make my waist look even more slender than it was already looking in my baggy jean and black body hug top. Licking my lower lips, to keep moisture on my lips, and less chapped, I walked into the big door leading to the building with my pride bigger than my puffed up chest.

I continued, still walking with my nose in the air, feeling like a queen and pausing at intervals only to check for any sign on the door indicating Lecture Theatre 1 like I had seen on my timetable.

I stopped, at another door, smiling suddenly after noticing a small paper pasted on the closed door as " Lecture Theatre 1".

I scrutinised the door in confusion. Why did anyone close the door in the first place? Didn't they know students where still coming in??
I pushed the handle of the door down and opened the door to face an angry Female lecturer glaring at me from the front of the big hall_like class and people sitting and staring at me with surprise and mockery on their faces.

I did a quick scan with my eyes, ignoring their stares. The class was full with an exception of the last two rows, which was almost near where I stood by the door. Also, I noticed everyone on white and black which to me, made them all look like choristers with the lecturer as their choir coordinator. I burst out in sudden laughter, finding the imagination funny.

" Hey, you!!! Do you have a problem?Can't you see a lecture is going on here?? What's so funny to you ??" The female lecturer's voice boomed suddenly, from the front of the class with anger dripped in her voice. In fact If not that she was not a light skinned person, I was pretty sure her skin would have puffed up red from all the anger she was feeling.

The students seated watched the exchange in complete silence, probably waiting to see my next move.

I yawned gently but loud enough for everyone in the class to hear, and then I gave a bored expression. What crawled up the lecturer's butt and died?? Why was she so uptight?

" Oh , well, then, If you must know I am supposed to be in this class but... I came late. Plus, I couldn't help but laugh at the fact you all are dressed like choristers in the Sunday classic white and black". I replied, still giving her a bored expression with my voice sounding as lazy as ever. I looked at her face, still calm , trying to gauge how angry my reply must have made her feel.

The class was already so quiet you could possibly hear a pin drop. They were all staring, waiting to hear the lecturer's reply.

"Wow!! You are even more stupid than I thought !! You moron!!! Don't you know you are supposed to be on black and white?? Don't you know it's your departmental wear??" She yelled suddenly, sounding even louder than before . Murmurs and silent laughters were all I could hear after her reply.

I shrugged my shoulders and gave her my laziest, uncaring stare.

" Why should I care?" I replied, now giving a little smirk and bringing out my handkerchief to clean my non_existent sweat. The class was well ventilated with fan and I wasn't sweating but cleaning my face with my handkerchief made taunting her even more fun.

" If you excuse me, I have more important places to be than in a class of choristers and a screaming choir master." I replied, still calm and turned my back to open the door and leave the class.

Students were murmuring and laughing, the class had lost its total silence and had turned to a market place. I opened the door and left the class, not giving time to look at the lecturer's expression. I didn't even have to look at her , I knew she would be really mad at me.

Ignoring all thoughts of what had transpired in the class, I brought out my phone suddenly remembering there was a tracker on Grace's phone. I continued walking as I opened the app for tracking and tapped on Grace's phone to know her location.

I gasped in surprise, what was that girl doing at home ?? How did she even get there? Feeling even more annoyed than I was at her, before, I hated that I bothered myself over nothing in the first place.

Eager to get home for an explanation and good revenge on her for unnecessarily stressing me , I walked faster than ever.

Hey hey guys!! I'm really sorry for the late update. Please don't delete H.O.M out of annoyance🙏🏽. I promise that the late update is all for a good cause.

It's cause of a new Wattpad contest for new books, Nigerian books only. And... i have a paranormal book participating in the contest and trust me when I say you all would love the book when I'm done with it.

I'll give you more info once it's published.

Also I'm dropping hints all around the book, what do you think is going on?!

Well, As usual, lol y'all know where I'm leading with my next statement. Fine! Fine ! I'll say it ....

"PLEASEEEE! DON'T FORGET TO VOTE ON EACH CHAPTER, FOLLOW ME AND COMMENT TOO".

FYI, I really love it when I see your comments ❤️.