Chapter 11

Mondays were practically everyone's worst days. Imagine, enjoying yourself through the weekend and waking up on Monday to discover the weekend was over?

However, this particular Monday was different. Today was the day I would finally go to the university with Darling.

"Grace!! I hope you have woken up because it's surely not you that'll make me late for the registrations." Darling yelled, banging and hitting my room door from outside.

Why did she have to ruin my day before I had even begun to enjoy it? Why?

Was it because she was a year older than me that gave her the right to speak to me like a child? Besides, wasn't she supposed to be enrolled in a university?

"Darling please stop banging the door I'm coming ". I replied, calm. I was trying to keep out the annoyance from my voice as I headed for the door.

"Ehn ehn, do you want to sleep the whole day? You better get ready. Choose something fine to wear oo! or else, i' d pretend like we are strangers! God knows have tried for you sha". Darling complained, entering my room,slowly brushing her short brown bob wig.

Darling was already dressed up and only needed to wear her short bob wig to complete her look.

She had settled for a beautiful blue off-shoulder top with flowered designs on a black ripped jeans, topping it with a white sneakers. She was already looking so beautiful.

Was she going for a beauty pageant? She was dressed to kill and was looking even more gorgeous than I could ever dream of. I was sure I would never still be as beautiful as she was even after applying makeup.

She left the room and closed the door, leaving me alone to get ready.

I stripped and put on a towel Darling had given me yesterday and opened the bathroom door to have my bath.

As I walked into the bathroom, I couldn't help but think of what I was going to wear.

When I had just 7 clothes I never had a situation in which I had to think of what to wear but now that darling had given me a big box filled with her clothes, I didn't know what to do.

Standing and staring at myself in the bathroom mirror instead of bathing, got me thinking.

"Bathe first. Don't be stupid, pick any clothe your hands come upon." I mentally scolded myself.

I was finally done with bathing and cleaned my body for the first time in forever with a towel and it felt good! I was definitely never going back to using my clothes as towels .

I opened the box filled with the clothes Darling gave to me and picked the first thing I saw which was a black straight gown.

I couldn't wait to try it out. No witch or wizard from my village was going to stop me from wearing the clothe.

I wore the gown and weaved my hair into two quick corn rows. Finishing with my dress up process, I loved every bit of the new me. The gown fit my body perfectly and made me look like a rich fine girl that I knew I wasn't .

                   Darling's PoV
Since Grace's move in, I felt so violated and disturbed. She was just a huge nuisance to my peace.

I didn't even think I would ever forget the look on her face from the first time she saw me. I knew I was beautiful but, did she have to make it so obvious?

She had zero class, taste and elegance. How were we even related? Did I mention the fact that she was too nice?

She wasn't strong enough. I didn't think she was going to survive it. She was definitely never going to survive it once she was hit by the truth.

Besides, I didn't need anyone stealing my shine. Why was mum even giving her attention?

I wanted me, myself and I alone. Was that too much to ask for?

I hoped with all of my heart that she wasn't academically sound.

I was so happy that mum had agreed not to send me to a private university. I heard about how strict they were and I sure wasn't going to spend the next four years of my life without my freedom.

"That girl had better be ready ". I said to myself , pouting my lips in the mirror for the last time.

A/N
Hi guys!! Here's another update!!

So who else was happy to finally get a glimpse into Darling's head??
Well... I was! 😂👌😁😁👌

Make sure to follow me so as to get notified once I post an announcement. Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!

I love all of you reading my book soooo very much!!❤️🥺