Chapter 7

Just sitting and thinking about yesterday made me groan out in complete displeasure.

I was finally done with bathing, for probably the fifth time today.

With a smile gracing my face, I came out of the jacuzzi. It definitely was not my fault that since I had laid my eyes on the bathroom, an imaginary contract, clearly stating that it was me and it together, forever, was signed in my head.

Even though I was never one to bathe more than once a day, looking at the bathroom, with its jacuzzi and flat screen Tv made me want to do more than just bathing in it. In fact I wanted to sleep and eat in it too.

"Where has this bathroom been all my life??" I sighed dreamily, opening the bathroom door.

Still with my wet naked body, I came out of the bathroom. Hoping no one would burst in, since I had no towel on . Walking to the bed, in the middle of the room, I reached for my bag just on the bed waiting for me .

Opening the zip of my bag, I picked out clothing that looked at least decent and not disgusting. It looked like a top. Nevertheless, I didn't care what it was just so far it was decent enough for what I needed it. I brought it close to my body, cleaned the water droplets on my body with it , and returned it to the bag.

I reached for the bag again and picked out another clothe , a black skirt and a yellow shirt. Wearing it, I wondered how weird it looked like wearing the combination at night.

Finishing up my ridiculous dress-up process, I walked to the room door and opened it, finally ready to go downstairs to the dining room for dinner.

Coming out of my room, without ideas on where to go next, made me regret not paying rapt attention to Aunty Toyin when she came back to the room just to give me a description of how to get to the dining room. It was a short description she gave but... I, sadly, instead of listening, was in my dream world eating pizza and shawarma. I mean who did that?

Sighing at my stupidity, I stared hard at the two directions in the hallway, thinking if I was to go right or left.

Still confused, I heard a soft growl. I turned around, looking left and right, the two directions in the hallway, trying to see the source of the sound but I, instead saw nothing, making me believe I had maybe imagined it.

"She should have just written it down! What's all this stress?" I complained, in frustration, hating the fact I had no idea of where to go.

Finally deciding to let my legs lead the way, I walked facing the right, hoping in my mind that dinner wouldn't be over before I would finally get to it.

Lost in my thoughts, not getting too far in my walk, something jumped in my front. An animal. Making me yelp in both fear and surprise. I felt fear for the sudden appearance of it in the hallway. What made it weirder was the fact that the animal in my way looked really similar to a tiger.

Still standing, I stared at it, squinting my eyes, to Look closely, trying to be sure of what was in my way.

Already having second thoughts, I remembered a wildlife documentary about a tiger I once watched.

I stared even harder, analyzing it. Although fatter than the one I had seen on TV, the animal in my way looked like an exact replica of the tiger in the wildlife documentary. Which could only mean one thing.

I had a freaking tiger in my front!!!!

Gasping out in surprise at my realization, I felt anger. Anger at myself, for still standing, waiting, and watching the tiger. Was it until it tore me apart that I would run?