Chapter 35

" Darling please slow down!" I yelled.

She again, continued to ignore my very loud voice begging her to reduce her speed. In fact she completely acted like I was an invisible and un_seen being, as she did not for a second, let the car behind to catch up.

" Do you think it's a coincidence this car is behind us??" She asked in an unusual voice that , could best be described as dark and creepy.

I stared at her. I noticed she had a very serious expression on her face.

Was it now a crime for another car to be behind ours??

Besides... Couldn't I get a peaceful ride to school??

I bit my lower lip and released a sigh, trying to hold in the annoyance that was already building up.

" See ehn. Darling have you thought of it this way ." I paused, trying to see if she was paying me any attention.

She was paying me attention so , I continued.

" What if the owner is heading in the same direction that we are?? Don't you think this is too much? ?" I persuaded, hoping she would open up her coconut_head.

" Please can you quiet down." She muttered to herself but just loud enough for me to hear.

She went back to ignoring me.

" I need full concentration. I will and must___" She muttered, again , but this time , trailing her last words.

Did she hear nothing of what I had been saying ? ?

I tightly held on_to the seat belt, on my body , imagining it was her neck I was squeezing and choking so tight.

Was I going to just sit and wait to die in an accident because of someone's foolishness??

I shook my head, not ready to accept the thought.

No. I was not going to just give up.

There was one more thing to try , that might work . But if that was still not going to work then ..., I would be really done for.

I removed my hands from the choke hold I had on the seat_belt and forced a smile.

" Darling. What about Ore? Sebi, he is waiting in school for you. I'm sure he's missing you already . Why don't you just slow down and go to school so that you will not look stressed out when he sees you." I sighed , trying all of my very best to sound convincing and that I gave a care in the world for her or Ore.

She smiled back , as if my words had a sudden effect on her.

" I'm sure in his mind he's like awwn Darling will soon get here. Or maybe he's already waiting in the parking lot and not seeing you. I think he even likes you sef. Don't you want to see him?" I added.

God... oh, how it killed me to utter the words I had just spoken, and others I had not said yet.

" I definitely admire your friendship with him. I wish I had it too. I'm sure he even finds me very annoying sef." I faked a sad sigh, hoping my words were going to get to her.

Her eyes were still focused on the road ( not that I was complaining) but she was still on her crazy speed , only this time , looking like she was contemplating an idea .

She shook her head.

" No this is more important." She nodded her head in finality, with a very serious expression on her face, making me wonder what was so important about trying to prevent a car behind from over taking.