Chapter 31

" Grace!!" Darling barged into the room, with the force of a bull dozer.

I lay on the bed with my eyes closed, pretending not to hear Darling scream my name.

I had not even gotten up to ten minutes of peace since ending the call with Ore. Was it a sin to want peace and quiet!

" Grace you better stand up! Before, you'll be forming one useless sleep like that." She screamed even louder, I was pretty sure her veins must have popped from how loud she was screaming.

Just how dense was Darling?

Was she blind or couldn't she see I and my mum were asleep?

At least even if I was faking my sleep, she didn't know that.

" I swear I'll slap you awake." I heard her angrily drag her feet closer to the bed where I lay.

" Jesus is good!!" I shot up suddenly from my bed, not caring how stupid I must have looked. I definitely was not going to wait for that witch of a person to slap me first before I would wake up.

I cleaned my eyes and furrowed my eyebrows, trying my best to look like one who had just woken up.

" Am I in heaven?" I yawned, looking around the room, in confusion.

" No o! You are in hell!" She hissed.

I turned my head in the direction of Darling's voice to meet her glaring at me. Everything about how she glared at me spoke I DON'T LIKE YOU in volumes.

" Oh I'm sorry. I was having a really funny dream about ice cream and lollipop. And some cartoon characters where now chasing you so I was trying to fight them off so that_

" Just hold it" Darling snapped.

" I don't care about your dumb, stupid dream!!!" She hissed.

I fought so hard to not roll my eyes at her.

" So, to what do I owe your queenly appearance?" I asked, trying to hide the sarcasm behind the question.

She hissed.

" Thank God you acknowledge my queenly self. " She gloated.

" Yes of course, I do." I forced out a smile, that physically hurt my face, just by how fake it was.

" Ore just called me." she glared at me, the intensity almost like she had laser for eyes.

I groaned internally. Don't tell me Ore called her??!

" And he told me something that immediately got me boiling. Grace!!!! Grace Ayansade!!!" She screamed in her very annoying voice.

I raised my brows. Ayansade??

Last time I checked, my surname was Ayanlami and not Ayansade. What exactly was doing this Darling??

" Darling, it's not Ayansade. It is Ayan_

" Abeg shut up!! Just shut up! Did I tell you that I care or that I want to know?? Sense is rare for you sha!" She hissed so loud I thought she put microphone in her mouth.

I fought hard to not open my mouth, so that I don't say anything I might regret. I stared back at her , giving a blank stare.

" How dare you insult Ore after everything he has done for us?!!" She folded her hands, awaiting what looked like a reply from me.

Was this girl insane or something.

"I'm sorry." I gritted out, gnashing my teeth together.

" Sorry for yourself!!" She hissed.