Chapter 33: A Heavy Loss

A HEAVY LOSS

A TRANSCENDENT LIMIT BREAK

Kefla stood tall but I fell to my knees, unable to move

Kefla: Y/N!

Kefla runs over to my side, placing her hand on my back

Y/N: I... can't.. stand up...

Kefla: Damn it... You rest up, Y/N. We'll handle this bastard ourselves...

Kefla stood in front of me in a defensive position.

Jiren: That Android chose to sacrifice himself just so you three could keep fighting. And for what?

Kefla didn't answer, still trying to catch her breath.

Jiren: You've already seen you can't compete with my strength, no matter how many of you weaklings team up or fuse. Now one more has fallen, and yet you still intend to stop me?

Kefla: That's right. And we'll be the ones to do it! Then once you're gone, we'll eliminate Universe 7 and claim those Super Dragon Balls.

Jiren: You can't.

Kefla: Your confidence... IS PISSING ME OFF!

Kefla began to power up but suddenly stopped

Jiren: Skipping your usual transformation

Kefla: WE'RE MORE THAN A MATCH FOR YOU LIKE THIS!

BSG POV

Kefla charged at Jiren and swung, but her punches had no real power behind them, due to her exhaustion, but despite that, she refused to let up

Jiren: This is pointless, you should just exit the ring!

Kefla: SHUT THE HELL UP, BASTARD!

Kefla's punch is grabbed by Jiren

Jiren: If that's how you want it, then fine. I'm done playing games.

Jiren uppercuts Kefla

Y/N: NO!

Kefla falls out of the ring but lands on some floating debris, gripping onto a crack in it

Kefla: W-we can't be done.. our power.. was limitless...

"THIS FEELING'S INCREDIBLE! SO MUCH ENERGY SURGING INSIDE US, IT FEELS LIKE ITS LIMITLESS!"

"THIS POWER FLOWING THROUGH US! IT'S FREAKIN' AWESOME! NOBODY IN THE COSMOS CAN STOP US NOW, NOT EVEN THAT BASTARD JIREN!"

Kefla: W-was I... lying to myself..?

Kefla heard Y/N's words echo through her head, but Jiren's voice began to distort and warp.

"What's wrong, Kefla? Is that all you can offer me?!"

"Reach as high as you want, you can't beat what I am now."

Kefla: We... we can't be finished... not yet!

Kefla slowly got to her feet

Kefla: We swore to Y/N that we'd help the Seventh get you out of this Tournament and that's what I plan to do! NEVER SELL THE SAIYANS SHORT!

Kefla wiped some blood off her face

Kefla: T-that pathetic punch of yours didn't hurt one bit!

Y/N: K-Kefla... No..!