Chapter 47: The Zero Mortals Plan

RETURN TO THE FUTURE

THE ZERO MORTALS PLAN

Trunks: You destroyed Zamasu?!

Whis: Yes, my lord did it with one shot.

Beerus: Now Zamasu can't capture Bardock and your future is saved from his tyranny.

Trunks: YOUR future is saved, mine isn't. When I used the time machine to stop the Androids, my timeline didn't change... That's how it works... Multiverse theory is a bitch..

Beerus: That may be the case when you ignorant mortals meddle with the laws of nature, but divine action is not so sloppy. And when I kill a god, it will affect all flows of time.

Bulma: You're positive this changes his timeline, too, Beerus? Cause if you're wrong, you're gonna hear it from me!

Beerus: Are you openly questioning a Destroyer's wisdom?

Bulma: I didn't say you're wrong. I said IF you are!

Y/N: If it didn't work, I'll take care of Zamasu myself, and free Bardock from his control!

Beerus: I'm afraid your dear grandfather would no longer be in that timeline, Zamasu has been destroyed, remember?!

Y/N: I'll believe it when I see it.If Beerus is wrong, and Bardock remains under Zamasu's control.. I...

Vegeta: You shouldn't take this matter too personally, you've known Bardock for what, a few months now?

Y/N: A few days or a few months, either way, he's family, and I refuse to leave family behind..

Bulma: Fine, but first, how about a meal? You'll need the strength for the journey ahead!

I sigh 

Y/N: Fine.. but after that, we head right for Trunks' timeline!

Trunks nods

TIME SKIP

After a big meal, which with the combination of Father, Caulifla, Whis and Beerus, was gone decently quickly. We set up the time machine, and Bulma offered to join us.

Y/N: Is it all set, Bulma?

Bulma: Yeah, it is, come on!

All six of us squeeze into the machine, which was an even tighter squeeze, but we quickly set off for Trunks' timeline. After a few moments, we arrive, seemingly, nothing had changed in the slightest

Bulma: My god, it's awful...

Trunks: Nothing changed... I knew it! Beerus couldn't fix this! Not even an act of a god could make a difference!

Bulma: I hope Mai is okay..

Trunks landed the machine and we all hop out, Father falling right on his ass from dizziness.

Soldier: COMMANDER TRUNKS! YOU'VE RETURNED!

Trunks: Yeah, is everybody ok?

Soldier: Mai's not.

Trunks: WHAT?!

TIME SKIP

Our group runs through the abandoned subway

Soldier: She was hit really bad when fleeing the Masked Saiyan!

Trunks ran through several groups of refugees before finding Mai under a blanket