Chapter 73: Merus' True Identity

MERUS' TRUE IDENTITY!

BACK TO EARTH

Grand Priest: I dispatched my trainee angel, Merus, to Universe 7 so that he might learn about the way of things and broaden his perspective.

Whis: Indeed.

Grand Priest: We Angels must always act impartially. Beyond that single law, there are no single restrictions on what we can or cannot do. His enlisting in the Galactic Patrol seemed a decent choice, as it would allow him to observe the side of good and virtue, but alas...

Whis: He seems to have gained a bias.

Grand Priest: Just so. Any further and he will be in violation of our code. As he is pushing the limit... I shall have to end Merus' tenure in the Mortal Realm.

Whis: Grand Priest. Might you allow me to collect Merus and deal with him on my own?

Grand Priest: Meaning?

Whis: His actions with the Galactic Patrol have been limited to fighting with mortal weapons. He hasn't used his Angel abilities yet. And at the moment, all he is doing is TRAINING Y/N, Goku, and Caulifla. No more than that.

Grand Priest: Yes. It is as you say.

Whis: Even I have taken it upon myself to train mortals.

Grand Priest: Only because you crave the food on Earth

Whis: *laughs* Am I that transparent?

Grand Priest: Very well. He came perilously close, but he did not violate our laws. Go on, I will leave Merus in your care. But keep a close eye on that one. Troublemaker or not, I do not wish to lose an Angel

ON PLANET YARDRAT.

Irico: Darn... I still can't get ahold of HQ! What's going on in the galaxy? I sure hope everyone's okay.

Suddenly, Irico heard a noise. Looking up, he saw a ship flying overhead, one of Moro's ships. A ways away, Vegeta was still training with Hatska and Pybara

Pybara: Mm, wonderful spirit power! Your spirit is now more polished than Goku's and you managed it in no time!

Vegeta: Of course! Kakarot and I are not cut from the same cloth!

Pybara: Now, to begin teaching you our abilities.

Pybara reached out a hand and suddenly, Vegeta was healed from his exhaustion

Vegeta: W-was that a healing technique?

Hatska: One of Elder Pybara's signature moves! Pretty great, huh?

Vegeta: And I can learn to perform such a move?!

Pybara: *laughs* Don't get ahead of yourself. That's high-level stuff, and you're not there just yet!

Vegeta: Tch... What can I do at this point then?!

Pybara: First, the most fundamental basics, I will teach you Instant Transmission!

Vegeta: Instant Transmission is only the basics?!

Suddenly, a ship crashed into the ground not far away

Vegeta: What the--?

Hatska: I-I'm sensing wicked spirits on our planet!

Irico: VEGETA! IT'S BAD! MORO'S GOONS ARE HERE!