Chapter 1

If you read the story 'Shinobi Life', some of this should seem familiar seeing as that was/is my story!! I took it down and then somehow managed to lose it, then found it again *face palm*. So now I am rewriting the story and making it better! Needless to say, I'M SO SORRY!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1

Wiping the sweat from her brow, Sakura straightened, looking around smugly at the demolished training grounds.

"Well, that felt good," she murmured breathlessly. The villagers had since become accustomed to the ground shaking whenever Sakura decided to train; however, she was only allowed to use the grounds north of the village due to the damage she caused.

Slowly walking back towards her apartment, she started contemplating what she needed to get done before her next mission.

I need to gather ingredients for a few meals and buy some new gloves, these ones are about to rip. I also need to go to the poisons department and take notes on the new poison being used against our ANBU. Plus, I need to see what—

"SAKURA-CHAAAAAAAAN, I'VE MISSED YOU!"

This was the only precursor to the exhausted and sore kunoichi being tackled to the ground and crushed in a bear hug. Rolling her eyes, Sakura pulled an arm loose and patted the blond's head.

"Dobe, you're going to snap her spine if you squeeze any harder," Sasuke growled while he yanked Naruto up by the back of his jumpsuit.

Naruto started thrashing but instantly stilled when Sasuke made a remark on Sakura's disheveled appearance.

"Why do you look like that?" Sasuke asked, raising an eyebrow.

Sakura could tell that he was concerned, having learned early on how to decipher her friend's blunt way of speaking.

"Yeah, Sakura-chan! What happened to you? You would think that you were the one who just came back from a week long mission!" Naruto tried to grab her again but was held back by Sasuke once more.

"I'm fine. Honestly, you two didn't expect me to train when you were gone? I mean, what was I supposed to do when my team left me behind?"

The silence that followed was heavy with tension, making Naruto flinch when Sasuke sighed.

"Sakura, we know you don't like assassinations."

Viridian eyes widened in surprise, not expecting an explanation.

"Eh, Teme... since when do you explain things? Is it because you missed Sakura-chan just as much as Kakashi-sensei and me? HE WAS WORSE THAN US, SAKURA-CHAN! ALL HE DID WAS COMPLAIN ABOUT HOW THE NEW GUY WAS SO DIF—".

A fist to the face halted Naruto's ranting.

Sakura giggled and separated them, grabbing each one of their arms and walking towards Ichirakus.

"Come on you two, I need some team bonding." She gave Sasuke a grateful look and was surprised when he didn't immediately break eye contact.

They arrived at the ramen stand and weren't surprised when Kakashi slid into a seat beside Sasuke, Sakura situated between the two young men.

"Hey, Kakashi-sensei. Do you need any healing?" Sakura asked, knowing he wouldn't go to the hospital.

"I'm fine, thank you Sakura-chan. Why do you look like you've been training in the forest of death?" Sakura laughed and turned back to her ramen, not missing the shared look of the three surrounding her.