Chapter 5

Thanks for reading! Enjoy some good teacher/student fun :)

----------------------

Chapter 5

Today made day five since Sakura was asked to join ANBU and she was still debating on what to tell Tsunade.

After everything Jiraiya said, I know I need to join but...I just don't know if I'm ready for this. I know I'll have to make tough calls and healing would not be the priority. Not to mention, I would be working with the most powerful team Konoha has. That in itself is terrifying! The only one who hasn't managed to piss me off yet is Itachi and from what I've heard from Sasuke, he'll piss me off when we go on missions because he is such a perfectionist.

Sakura was lost in thought when she bumped into a hard body. Her face smacked a book and she looked up, releasing a frustrated sigh at her own clumsiness.

"Good morning, Sakura-chan. I haven't seen you in a while," Kakashi's eye crinkled and Sakura slumped in relief.

"Good morning, Kakashi-sensei! I need your help with a decision and I need a good spar! Are you available?"

He laughed at her bluntness and bonked her on the head with his book.

"Sakura, I am not your sensei anymore. You are Jonin level just like me. Are you asking for a spar now or later?"

She pouted a little at his reprimand but quickly grinned when he did not outright reject her sparring idea.

"Now, of course!" Sakura linked arms with the older male and briskly walked to a more private training ground.

She was purposefully oblivious to the stares some of the civilians gave the two. Kakashi sighed and then chuckled at his former student's carefree attitude when concerning the rumor mill of Konoha.

"What are the rules this time, Sakura?" Kakashi asked as he put his book away and walked a short distance from her.

She hummed as she thought for a moment, "Taijutsu only, is that alright with you?"

He nodded and asked, "Are you enhancing your strength with chakra? If you do, that means I can use my Sharingan."

She immediately shook her head, "I think I should work on my strength without chakra right now." He nodded as she pulled on her gloves.

She made the first move and charged at full speed. He dodged the quick jab and followed through with a kick aimed at her ribs.

She barely moved away in time, doing two backflips to create distance. However, Kakashi was not allowing that and flash stepped behind her, aiming a kick at her hip. She caught his leg and countered with a spinning elbow headed for his ribs. He blocked and used her momentum to rip his leg free and threw her towards a tree.

Flipping in the air, she launched several shuriken towards him before landing feet first on the trunk. He was hit with the projectiles and she cringed slightly but then growled angrily as the clone disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

She pushed off the trunk just in time to escape the perfectly aimed kunai. Creating a clone, she moved towards the real Kakashi. They exchanged blows so quick that, to the untrained eye, they seemed to be blurs.

The spar went on for about an hour before Sakura collapsed on the ground with a groan and Kakashi flopped down next to her with a quiet laugh.

"What the hell are you laughing about, Hatake?"

He looked over at her and asked, "Sakura, what was it you needed my advice on? You seem to have gotten your frustration out, so now we talk."

Rolling her eyes at him, she sat up. Glowing hands ran over her cuts and bruises and then proceeded to do the same for him.