Chapter 34: Mastered Ultra Instinct

TRANSCEND THE GODS

MASTERED ULTRA INSTINCT

The ground beneath Y/N shook. His eyes glistened as he looked at Jiren in anger.

Vegeta: Autonomous Ultra Instinct. For the third time in this damn tournament.

Krillin: Let's just hope the third time is the charm.

Whis: If he missteps again, this tournament is over. Each time he defies his physical limits and forces himself to fight like a god, the strain on his mortal body increases. He's already pushed himself so far, reached into every reserve. And with only Frieza left, he has little hope to recover again. The moment that glimmer leaves his eyes, this tournament is done.

Y/N and Jiren rushed at each other, the ground exploding beneath them as both of them dashed into the air, their fight obscured by smoke and fire. 

Zeno: The fight has begun! This is it, huh?

Grand Priest: Indeed, sire. The Tournament of Power's moment of truth. Jiren vs Son Y/N. Both have repeatedly surprised the gods and now they fight to the finish. All eyes are transfixed to what's left of the ring, with no one daring to blink

Y/N swung and missed Jiren, the mere force of his punch destroying more of the ring. Jiren swung at Y/N but missed as well. 

Y/N spun around for a punch but missed, even more rocks erupting around them

Y/N spun around for a punch but missed, even more rocks erupting around them. Jiren's glare hit Y/N over and over but he avoided the impact. Y/N jumped far back, landing on the timer pillar, Jiren in pursuit

Shin: This confrontation is tremendous! Y/N seems to have mastered his Self Movement

Elder Kai: Well, yes. But it seems he still can't land a decisive blow!

Whis: It's a similar problem he had when fighting Kefla. Y/N has been shaped by a lifetime of fighting in which he carefully observed his foes and probed for weaknesses. In each moment he attempts to strike, his mind is cluttered with thoughts, strategies, and analyses that normally help him. But in the case of Ultra Instinct, these are a detriment, acting as chains that slow his reflexes and hold back the full force his body is capable of. I can only hope he will learn to break this habit soon before he wastes all the time and strength he has left on these ineffectual and self-defeating attacks.