~

5 years ago

Adrianna pov

Obey. Fight. Kill.

The 3 things I've been taught since I can remember. I get trained by my master, Ivan Petrov and his second hand, Nikolai Inavov every day for at least 10 hours. My training is always different, whether it'd be working on my shooting, knife throwing, boxing or pain tolerance. It's never the same thing, which sometimes, I'm grateful for.

I've been living with Ivan and Nikolai for 8 years. They told me that my parents have been travelling the world and didn't want to bring me along at such a young age.

I thought I could have trusted Ivan and Nikolai and hoped they would of taken care of me until my parents came back.

I was naive. I was stupid.

Until they fixed me. I only feel things when I want to. I can kill someone in a heartbeat and never feel bad about it.

Once a week a tutor comes in for a whole day and teaches me stupid shit that I already know, but Ivan says I'm really smart for my age and for some fucked up reason, I love impressing him.

Every other day of the week I'm training with Nikolai, sometimes Ivan. Ivan is the Don of the Russian Mafia so he's always busy doing whatever he does, but he's practically my own father.

Today is a training day. I was told to bring my cat, Apollo, making an uneasiness sit in my gut. Ivan gave me the cat a few years ago for my birthday, and I've had him ever since.

I make my way to the fields, Apollo in my arms. I see Nikolai's brown, empty eyes and Ivan's bright blue ones staring and waiting for me. Ivan is usually here when it's an important training session?m, which makes me a little doubtful.

"Hello Adrianna." Nik says, with a blank face.

I nod in return, knowing not to speak unless necessary. I readjust my grip on Apollo and wait for my instructions.

Obey. Fight. Kill. The three words constantly repeating in my head, especially at training.

"Good, you brought your cat. Put him in the cage so he doesn't run off." Nik instructs rather harshly. I ignore the tone and follow his orders. My stomach starts to flip.

Nik passes me a pistol. I hold it the correct way and wait for my next orders. I make sure to keep any emotion off my face. Emotions were the first thing I was taught to control. They make you weak and vulnerable, and with all of my current enemies that last thing I need is to be an easy kill.

"Shoot him."

I nod my head and make my way to the cage. I don't feel anything as I pull my mind into a safe place. I feel no remorse, no guilt, nothing and that's how I like it. I turn the emotions off.

"до свидания." I stare right into Apollo's eyes as I pull the trigger. (goodbye)

I turn back to face Nikolai and Ivan with a bored face. Ivan looks a little shocked. I guess he's not aware of what my current training actually consists of then. Interesting. I file that little slither of information.

Ivan nods his head in my direction. A sign of respect.

"Good. Get rid of the body then go to the ring. You will be fighting Andrew today."

I bow my head and walk off to dispose of Apollos body. Apollo was the only thing apart from my combat partner, Andrew, that I truly enjoyed being around, but he was a weakness. At least I still have Andrew. Him and I usually go on missions and train together but I don't see him as a weakness, I see him as a strength.