35

Adrien pov

She held a knife to my throat.

She cut my neck.

Someone who was supposed to be with me forever. To cherish and love me just threatened to kill me.

My triplet.

Her eyes were so dead, it really looked like she didn't love me. Or anyone.

It was as if this past month with us didn't matter to her. I thought she was okay. Apart from the small drug use, she seemed fine. What happened to her?

After Marco sedated her, they took her back to the medical wing. They didn't tell me why but I don't think it's good.

I get cut out of my thoughts by the small barks coming from next door. I get out of bed, and open Adrianna's room. Azrael runs towards me and puts two paws on my legs.

"Good boy! Are you hungry?"

He yaps in response and runs towards the kitchen. I follow after him but when I get into the vicinity of the kitchen, I hear a few muffled whispers. I walk into the kitchen and I see all my uncles, mum, dad and grandpa in there.

When they hear me walk in they stop their conversations and look at me.

"Uh sorry, I was just coming to feed the dog."

Az yaps to back up my story.

"That's fine son, we were just talking about some shipments anyway."

I take a long deep breath "Dad please don't lie to me. I know you were talking about Adrianna. I know she held a knife to my neck, and I know she choked Marco. You don't have to keep hiding shit from us."

He looks deep in thought before he nods.

"Roberto." Mum says softly. She looks really sad.

"Yeah?"

"Well when Adrianna woke up, before she went...anyway. She told me a few things. Adrien this is going to be hard to hear, but if you think you can handle it then I would like you to stay."

I'm confused but take a seat after feeding the dog anyway. Mums eyes fill with tears as she stares at the table. "She said she was..she was raped. On friday, at school. She didn't tell me who did it or when. But then she said she went out after school with Xavier and Diego to buy drugs at a bar. They didn't know she bought them, but they did watch her fight and kill her opponent.

That was before she came home and met everyone else."

Everyone looks beyond mad. Dad bangs his fist in the table. Grandpa starts yelling in Italian, while my uncles all give each other a look before leaving the room.

But all I can do is stand there. Frozen in place. Staring at nothing. I thought she was okay. I didn't notice. How didn't I notice?

Silent tears fall down my cheeks. I failed her. I feel numb. I feel dead inside. I slowly turn around and walk towards the medical rooms.

I see Gio walking down a hallway in a rush. I follow him and I find myself in front of Adrianna's room. Marco is inside, doing tests on her.

Why are they testing her? It would make sense if they would doing psychological testing on her, but they're going physical ones. Is something wrong with her body? Did mum already tell Gio and Marco about what happened to her on friday? Or were we the first ones she told?

I feel so lost. I don't know what to do. My head is spinning with a million thoughts. What am I supposed to do? She wanted to kill me. She said she never loved me. She said she never will love me. But I hit her. I'm not different than the other bad men that have been in her life.