8

Adrianna pov

I stare blankly at Anastasia not reacting to her statement.

She looks confused as if she was expecting me to get on my knees and start bowing to her.

Fucking idiot.

She scowls at me before moving away. This is good though. She's finally introduced herself to me, it's time for the next part of my plan. Plan to kill her.

"Is there anything else I can do for you sir?" I ask him, wanting to go eat breakfast already.

He ignores me question. "Do you know why I've been hunting you down Adrianna? Do you know why I've been wanting you?"

I look around the room bored. "You've been wanting me so you have a free sex slave? I don't know you tell me." I say but he ignores me and Anastasia speaks instead.

"I was the one who made him hunt you. He doesn't want anything to do with you honey, it's all me. Because I'm the only one who truly does want you." She says, acting as if she's done something reasonable.

"Why?" I ask, my voice as cold as ice.

She laughs although there's no humour in it. "Why?! Because my perfect little sister has everything! She took everything from me! She took the man I love. She married him and when she was pregnant she couldn't wait to shove it in my face. She has her own little perfect family in a perfect house with the perfect life, and she left me!" She says, practically fuming.

But what makes me frown is the fact that Anastasia didn't say loved. She said love. She still loves my father. She's obsessed with him. I don't say anything, and let her speak, hoping she reveals more information I could use.

"Sophia thought I died in a house fire years ago. She didn't bother pretending to mourn me. We never got along. She just went on with her life as if I never existed. But then I heard that she finally had you, the first daughter in the bloodline for generations and I knew what I had to do. It was fate." She says staring at the wall as if lost in memories.

"I was going to kidnap you from the hopsital when you were born. I was there and ready, but then I saw Ivan's men take you instead, and I knew I couldn't just take you from him so I made a plan. Firstly, I persuaded Adonis to agree to it, which he did." Anastasia says and smiles sweetly at Adonis who winks back.

"I heard wind of one of Ivan's new projects, so I hacked a few servers and got information I knew he wouldn't refuse. In return for that information, we would of gotten you for 6 months, but however, we only ended up getting you for 3." She explains, glaring at me.

I roll my eyes but let her continue.

"I didn't want you to meet me then because I knew you would of been going back to Ivan, and you probably would of told him about me and my whole plan who of been ruined. So I acted through Adonis, and he did a very good job." She smirks.

"You also acted through Nikolai." I added calmly.

She gapes at me, acting as if I just uncovered the biggest secret ever.

"What- How did yo- Who told you- What?!" She yells.

I blink at her.

"I'm also curious as to how this umbra drug has stayed in my system for so long. If you don't mind me asking." I ask nonchalantly.

Anastasia rolls her eyes. "We have a chip that we inserted into your neck when you came with us for the 3 months. The chip holds up to 10 doses of the drug, and whenever we wanted you to be affected by it we programmed the chip to send through one dose of it into your bloodstream.

Also why are you calling it the umbra drug? That's an awful name for it." She asks sneering.

"I'm surprised you were smart enough to think of something like that." I state truthfully.

Her face goes red from anger. She approaches me and grabs a fistful of my hair. "I'm sick of you. You have been nothing but trouble. You're going to beg me to bring you back after a few weeks of you being there."

I could kill her right now, but I can't. Not yet.

She drags me out of Adonis' office, and outside of the facility. We're still in the Italian one, but why she is bringing me outside, I don't know.

"I don't know how you managed to get your brothers to escape, but you will not. Ever. I own you now." She says, still angry that I outsmarted her.

She shoves me into the back of a black van and locks it. I sigh out loud, ready for whatever is going to happen.

I hear voices outside but they aren't clear, before I hear the heels clicking on the ground going farther and farther away.

I decide this is the perfect time to re-cap everything she just told me.

So Anastasia has been manipulating Adonis into this plan the whole time, although I know he wanted to see me suffer as well, especially after I killed Jason.

Anastasia and Adonis are in a...relationship?

Anastasia set up the trade all those years ago to send me to Greece for 3 months.

I have a chip in my neck that contains the umbra drug.

My mother thought Anastasia was dead, so the rest of the family probably did too, until I told nonno.

Anastasia took me just because she is jealous of her sister.

And she didn't except me to know about Nikolai.

Well, I got more information than I was looking for.

I look around the van, only finding complete darkness.

I have to admit, I miss my brothers company. Although I didn't talk to them much while they were here, I still appreciated their presence.

It made everything easier. Less lonely. Happier.

But I don't regret letting them go. It's been a month, and I hope my family wasn't mad at Andrew for what he did. I hope they're all living in the house together, happy.

I told nonno of my plans, and I did tell him I was unsure as to how long it will take to complete it, but nobody should be worrying. By now, I'm sure everyone knows of my plan; although I did ask nonno not to tell my younger brothers or cousins; and they shouldn't be worrying.

Maybe once I escape, I should leave. Leave the country, travel across the world and settle somewhere. Start anew. That way, I wouldn't burden anyone with my problems anymore. I could let everyone live peacefully. I'd visit of course, but who am I kidding.

I won't be able to leave them. Not now. I'd miss them too much.

I feel the van jolt, and then it moves.

Where could they be possibly sending me this time? And why did Anastasia make out as if it's the worst place I could ever be?

****
Author Note:
Word Count: 1207

Thank you for reading! 😁❤️