38

Adrianna pov

"Adrianna...?"

I just stare at him, full of shock. He's here?! He came back?

He came back.

"Knox..?"

He stands up and comes to sit next to me. He still smells like vanilla and coconut. One of my favourite scents.

I just stare ahead, not sure what to do or say. I haven't seem him since they killed Ciana. Since they ripped my soul away from me. I'm not that
same person he knew. Everything's gotten darker. Me, my mind, my heart, hell even the world has. The only thing that was making this world livable got taken away from me.

"How have you been?" He asks me

"Not too bad, you?" I wanted to ask him where he's been, but I know he'll tell me when he's ready.

"Yeah, alright I guess."

I frown. "You guess?"

He shrugs his shoulders. "There's been a few rough patches."

I finally look at him. I stare into his green eyes, being met with the familiar peacefulness. His jaw is even more defined than it used to be. He's clearly been working out because he's even bigger than the last time I saw him and he has a scar going from his eyebrow to next to his ear.

I frown. Where has he been? What has he been doing?

I stare at him blankly. I don't need to hide my emotions because I don't feel any but I can't help to be curious. Why am I seeing him today out of all days?

"When did you start going to school here? I haven't seen you here before."

"Last week."

He nods his head. "It's good to see you again."

I look at him and nod. I'm not in the mood to talk to people and I'm most certainly not in the mood for a cute happy reunion. I'm not in the mood to do anything anymore. I just want to give up. It's exhausting.

"Woah, you got that look on your face. What's up?"

What's up?

"She would've turned four today." I say coldly.

Sadness takes over his eyes, but it was clear he knew it was her birthday. How couldn't he? They met on her second birthday and they were inseparable ever since. Until I got her killed.

We were driving to get ice cream, and then two cars starting tailing us. At the time I thought it would of been the Russians trying to get me back. But I was confused when it was the Greek's. But it all makes sense now because the Greek's were working with the Russians, and Adonis came to get me back. I didn't remember who the Russians or Greek's were, and when they took Ciana I was malicious.

Then they knocked me out and I woke up in a cell, chained to a chair. They then shoved her into my cell but she could barely walk. They hurt her and I was going to hurt them back. I started fantasising about all the different ways I could make them scream while comforting her. I was constructing up plans in my head to help us to escape. But I was too slow.

About ten minutes before I had everything planned, they barged into the room and grabbed hold of her. She was only in here for five minutes. I was forced to hold her injured body while I had to think of a way to get us out, and I couldn't. I failed her as a mother and I will never forgive myself.

I brought her into my mess and now she's dead because of it. Maybe I should've listened to Jack and put her up for adoption. But then she wouldn't be living a normal life. She'd be even more traumatised. Adoption parents are usually abusive, same with foster parents. They only take children in for the money, and they don't even take care of the child. They get severely neglected and they spend the money they get on things for themselves.