31

Adrianna pov

Andrew and I snort the lines. At first I feel nothing but then it hits me at once. My mind goes fuzzy, a euphoric feeling passes through me like calm waves.

Everything looks different. Everything looks brighter. Happier. It makes me have a small smile on my face but then I realise what I'm doing and I wipe my face of emotions.

I look towards Andrew. He seems out of it.

"You will be fighting guards until you can't anymore. The only way they'll stop is if you defeat them. Adrianna you can go first." Nikolai says.

I wipe my hands down my face and sigh heavily.

I nod at Nikolai and step onto the fighting mats. I get into my fighting stance, ready.

Nikolai whistles, signalling guards to attack me. The first one comes straight at me, ready to punch me in the face. A basic move. I duck and elbow him in his stomach.

He groans but tries to have another swing at me. I dodge it and keep hitting him until another guard runs towards me.

"Chant." Nikolai commands harshly.

"Obey. Fight. Kill." I say robotically without hesitation.

I have to admit. My reflexes are a bit slower and it's a bit harder to keep my balance, but if I practise enough I could fight perfectly fine.

I continue to fight the guards off for what feels like hours. I make sure to chant every time I take a guard down. They don't make Andrew chart the mantra because they say he isn't a monster.

They say the mantra is made for monsters to chant and I am their monster to use at their own will.

"Obey. Fight. Kill."

I start to get tired but I can't give up, I have to wait until the guards are called off.

"Obey. Fight. Kill."

The poison is my system is finally taking affect. My skin is sweating to extreme extents and my head is going really dizzy. Unless that's from the coke. I can't tell the difference anymore.

"Obey. Fight. Kill."

Finally Nikolai calls the guards off, making Andrew replace me. Some of the guards had to go to the nursing block for some aid. I think I might of hit them a bit too hard.

I take a seat on the floor, drinking some water, watching Andrew fight off the guards. He's taken some pretty hard hits but he doesn't stop.

Nikolai doesn't train him as much as me. I don't know why they insist I have to train harder or longer but I know better than to question them.

They also tend to punish me more and harsher. Maybe I need it. Maybe they think something is wrong with me and they're trying to help me.

But why would they want to help me?

My vision starts to go blurry. I know for a fact this is the symptoms of the poison. I know better than to panic and cause my heart beats to increase. If my heart beats increase then the poison will travel around my blood system quicker.

I have to beat the poison. I can't lose. I look back to Andrew. He looks like he's going to pass out. Nikolai sees it too.

"Stand down"

I'm relieved Nikolai made them stop before Andrew got seriously hurt. I hate when he gets hurt. I hate seeing his face when he tries to hide it. He's always been bad at hiding his emotions. He's too happy for his own good.