42

Adrianna pov

I wake up with my head on a really soft pillow. I don't know when my pillows decide to get really comfortable, but I'm here for it. I take advantage of the softness, not caring what time it is.

For the first time in my life, I wanted to go back to sleep, being suffocated from the softness. But then I feel it move.

That's when I spring up from my sleeping position and onto my feet, standing on my bed. I stare down, and two familiar blue eyes stare back. He then cracks a big grin on his face.

"Good morning little sister." He says, not removing the annoying grin.

I glare back at him and 'accidentally' step on his arm as I jump off the bed. Adrien makes unnecessary groans and then he checks the time, and I swear I saw his eyes pop out of his head.

"ADRIANNA GET THE FUCK READY! WE HAVE SCHOOL IN 30 FUCKING MINUTES. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET READY IN THAT TIME?!" He yells while falling off my bed and running out of my room.

I stand there for a few more moments staring blankly at the doorway before heading to my bathroom. I decide to have the quickest shower ever, only taking a whopping 2 minutes.

I then walk into my closet thinking of what I should wear today. It's kind of warmer than usual today. As I'm looking around I see the bag on the floor. The bag full of syringes.

It won't hurt to just have one dose.

I peak my head out of my closet, making sure nobody is around as I quickly run over to my bag and unzip it. I take one of the many syringes out of my bag and hide it behind some clothes.

I extend my left arm, inserting the needle into a visible vein, and injecting the purple liquid into my system.

I close my eyes taking a few deep breaths before opening them again.

I give myself an encouraging smile in one of my many mirrors. "Today is going to be a good day." I declare to myself. I decide to wear something a bit different than I usually do, feeling some new found confidence in myself. I wear some fitted black leather pants with a black see through corset top. Luckily, the straps and material around my breasts aren't see through so i don't have to worry about covering my top.

I chuck on some doc martins and I bring a leather jacket if I get cold. I apply some mascara and brush my brows then I do my hair.

I decide to leave it down, straight, not bothering to do it properly. I pack my fighting gear into my school bag, ready for another big fight competition tonight. I also add an extra syringe just incase.

The last major fighting competition I participated in was years ago.

Flashback

Nikolai leads me further into the club, and guides me to the back of the building. I'm met with a thick iron looking door and a buff man standing outside of it.

Nikolai whispers something to the man and he lets us in. I'm not sure what's happening, all I know is that Nikolai wanted to bring me out tonight.

I know better than to ask questions.

He leads me through the crowds of people and next to a fighting ring. This gets me excited. Am I to fight someone finally?

Nikolai whispers to a guy holding a microphone. I frown. Do they have karaoke while people fight here? I don't want to listen to that bullshit while I fight.