9

5 months later

Andrew pov

I run into the games room, Adrien by my side as we jump over the couch and pick up a controller each. A new game came out that we've been waiting for, for ages.

It's currently 3:06am, but we knew our brothers would be in here as soon as they wake up, so Adrien and I decided to be smart and play before they can.

Adrien snacks on chips while we wait for the game to load up. I slump in my seat, bouncing my leg up and down.

We both know what the other wants to say, but we don't can't say it. We want to ignore the elephant in the room and act as if everything is normal.

Even though it's not.

Adrien sighs. "It's been 6 months since we escaped today."

I nod, not knowing exactly what to say to that so he continues.

"She's been there for 6 months without us."

It's been 6 months since Adrien and I stood in that kitchen and told everyone that we were the only two that escaped.

"So where's Adrianna? Is she planning some fashionably late entry?" Marco asks rolling his eyes.

Adrien and I share a look before I clear my throat.

"She...She didn't come with us. She helped us escape but she stayed and we didn't realise until it was too late." I explain.

Everyone's eyes fill with hopelessness and despair, but nobody seems to be angry at me which makes me frown.

"Why aren't you all angry at me?" I ask rather loudly.

"Andrew-" Adrien tries to calm me down but I cut him off.

"No, its my fault we were there, and it's my fault she's still there now. Why isn't anyone blaming me?"

Grandpa huffs. "Because this is a part of her plan."

That's when nonno sat everyone down and explained Adrianna's plan to us. My brothers and cousins didn't know about the plan until then either.

My leg starts to bounce faster. Adrianna hasn't come home yet.

We haven't told anyone what happened while we were they, and fortunately, they haven't asked either. I want to wait for Adrianna to come home before I say anything. It feels wrong to speak about it without her. I wouldn't even be able to tell people about it if it weren't for her.

We originally thought she might come home maybe a week after we did but we were clearly wrong.

The last time Adrien and I were at the facility, her plan was going perfectly. She tricked Adonis into trusting her. She's mapped out most of the facilities. She tricked us into thinking she hates us. And she helped us escape.

Which means her next part of the plan is to work out the best way to kill Adonis and Anastasia.

When I heard that mum had a sister I was shocked, and so was everyone else. They thought she died in a fire years ago, but she clearly survived it somehow. But I'm not surprised Adrianna worked it out before anyone else.