Chapter 1

"The feeling of pain?" I asked him as I felt like my lungs were constricting once again, but I felt no pain as my vision started to darken.

"That is something you will never know." He informed me. "So that means you will never know your mother."

"But I want to know, you said she was in pain right until the end and it was for me. I want to understand that." I explained, and he only smirked at me as I finally fainted.

I got smacked on the head making me look around. "Stop spacing out, you will hit a radiator again." Kiyotaka sighed.

"I thought that was the last of our problems." I informed him. "We both don't know how to talk to other humans and outside of that place its so dangerous for me that I could die any second." I reminded him as I walked to the bus stop with him.

I pushed my black umbrella back up since I was just using it to poke some poles we were walking past.

"Yeah, it might have been best if you stayed." Kiyotaka informed me.

"Yeah and then die of a heart attack at some point. That's boring and I can't learn what I want from there. Anyway, I have been out here for a while, but I'm not dead yet!" I grinned.

"I will just have to do the checks." Kiyotaka shrugged.

"But I don't want to get hit, it's boring." I whined and we got some weird looks from the other people waiting at the bus stop.

Kiyotaka then started to poke me. "I can feel that." I informed him, he then squeezed my nose and twisted but I didn't react. "You can't have it."

"I don't want your nose, but I know you still can't feel pain." Kiyotaka just patted my head.

The bus arrived so I put my umbrella down. I sat by the window while Kiyotaka sat next to me and it was silent until he asked me a question like he usually does. "Are human beings truly equal?" He asked me.

"No, I don't get why the random people I have talked to so far go on about it being a thing. I'm not equal to most since I can't feel pain, I would die very easily by heating up or by accidentally sitting on a hot water bottle again." I mumbled. "So I need someone with me since I'm not equal to everyone else."

"A great man once said, heaven does not create one person above or below another." Kiyotaka informed me. "And stop talking to random people. It can be dangerous for you."

"It's not, they weren't hot." I sighed. "I mean the heat kind, but not really the attractive kind either and that old man hasn't met you or me." I hummed. "A great man? Probably dead."

"He is, but that's not the end of the quote. It actually says we're equal at birth, but then gaps appear, the differences are the results of one's academic efforts, or lack thereof." Kiyotaka explained.

"I was born like this, but I don't know about you, did you even cry at birth?" I asked him.

"Probably not." He shrugged. "At any rate, humans are capable of thinking for themselves. Equality may be a false concept, but our inequality remains a difficult thing to accept."

"It's not like I had anything to accept, actually, no, too much white around me." I groaned. "Even red fire would have been welcoming instead."

"You would be dead before the fire even touched you, Rekka." Kiyotaka reminded me.

"Oh, yeah..." I laughed.

"Excuse me...could you give me up your seat?" I saw a girl asking some blonde guy who was manspreading across many seats. "That's a priority seat, I think you should let this elderly lady sit there."