Chapter 53

"Trees!" I exclaimed as I was running back and forth in the bus taking us out to the middle of nowhere. "They look like giant Christmas trees!" I pointed out the trees.

Many were bored, so they were entertained by my excitement.

"It's exciting, right?" Ike asked me once I ran past him.

"Yeah! The trees are so big! Can I backflip from the top of one?" I let out.

"Don't!" Yukimura squeaked then he coughed as some looked over at him. "We are going fairly deep into the mountains."

"I bet there's nothing there like with the island test." Yamauchi groaned.

"There's everything!" I argued. He looked at me and then smiled I ignored him confusing some who noticed my attitude change a little.

"Hey, they say the communal bath uses natural hot springs," Hirata added.

"For real?" Ike grinned. "Is it mixed bathing?"

"Mixed? All kinds of rubber ducks?!" I asked him. Sudo patted my head since he was in the seat behind Ike.

"Will you be alright?" Hirata asked me from beside Sudo.

"Yeah! Mixed ducks will make it so much less boring, so I won't try to hold my breath underwater this time!" I grinned making him laugh nervously.

"You are having a normal bath," Kiyotaka informed me and I whined at him.

"Why? Lettuce?!" I shook his chair and he stared at me.

"We can watch her for you," Haruka spoke up.

"Cooling down takes her ages, it would be too risky," Suzune spoke up.

"Zoo, when did you start caring about that?" I asked and she sighed. "Zoo! Zoo!"

"Having you down would mean the class will be down." She explained.

"Yeah! We all want you to be healthy Rekka!" Sakura added. "Also...I heard when you had a fever during Christmas...um."

She was taking to long to speak, so I got bored. "Car do a backflip!" I yelled at one, and Suzune was done with me.

"Sorry to interrupt, but you need to quiet down," Sae spoke up and I stared at her. "All of you."

She corrected herself quickly there, and she looked away from me. I decided to climb over Koenji and then sit in the seat next to him since no one wanted to be next to him. "Fire girl, are you ready to see a true forest?" He asked me.

"A true one?" I grinned excitedly.

"There are boars." He informed me.

"Can I ride one?!" I grinned.

"Yes!" He exclaimed.

"NO!" Suzune screeched as she stood up.

She blushed when she noticed everyone staring at her and she sat back down. Sae was finally able to talk, a real shame.

"You, the students of Class D..." Sae paused as she saw Ike smirking at her. "Excuse me. You are Class C now, aren't you? Then for you, my newly advanced class, I will explain the coming special exam the mixed training camp."

"The purpose of this special exam is to use a training camp to inspire, primarily, mental growth," Sae explained and I whined.

"What about making fires or taking home a really big Christmas tree?" I asked and she sighed.

"They will not be part of it," Sae mumbled. "You will be grouped with people you wouldn't normally interact with and live together there."

There was nothing specific for me to be told right now, so most likely I will be separated from Kiyotaka on this one. "But the boars." I sighed since I would have used him to help me get one. "But there will be uncomfortable situations for others..." I giggled.