Chapter 57

I got onto the top of the first desk I saw when I got into class through the back door. I jumped the rest like I was skipping scaring Suzune when I stomped on her deck. When I went to jump to mine Kiyotaka wrapped his arm around my waist then gently put me down.

"It was almost complete!" I whined at him.

"The floor isn't lava." Suzune sighed.

"I know, what are you saying? Weirdo." I mumbled, and she groaned seeing I was just being weird. "Oh, Kei! You look sad!"

"No, I'm okay! I'm moving on well!" She reassured me.

"I didn't ask if she can move her arm." I tilted my head to the side and then shrugged as I sat down since if she's fine then she is boring.

"Pretty rowdy in here," Kiyotaka noted when he sat down.

"It seems Karuizawa broke up with Hirata," Suzune explained.

"Wow, shocker!" I exclaimed and she was unsure if that was a real reaction or not. "Just keep to reading books, Zoo."

"So the whole class has to get worked up over it for some reason, huh." Kiytotaka hummed not getting it.

"You seem close with both of them. Did you not know?" Suzune questioned him.

"Of course not." He lied. "That's their private business."

"Unless they scream it," I added since that's how we found out it's not a real relationship.

"Hey, Hirata!" I heard Yamauchi's voice, and Suzune noticed my mood plummeted. "Did Karuizawa really dump you?"

"I guess so." Hirata let out.

"Hang in there, man!" Yamauchi patted his shoulder and Ike and Sudo pulled him away.

"Yamauchi cut it out." Ike scolded him.

"Look, the hottest guy in class got dumped!" Yamauchi yelled like it was a big thing.

I got up to go over and put my hand on Hirata's forehead then paused. "I can't feel it! I forget!" I exclaimed.

"Rekka." Hirata laughed. "He means more by looks? Some people might have appearances you like more than others."

"Looks? Ryuen then!" I exclaimed making some pause. "He made a funny face when I dropped ice cream down his shirt!"

"Ryuen? He's been following you around like a dog!" Yamauchi laughed irritating me that he thinks he should continue speaking.

"Oh, do you mean when he confronted you after you followed behind me when I was in a bush?" I asked making him panic and others looked over since that sounded very suspicious. "Were you looking for berries too?! I was told you can find them where others can't see! You were right behind me I even heard your breathing that was from excitement from my discovery!"

"Rekka, you make it sound weird." He laughed nervously as he stepped back.

"I do? Well, you ran away once he shouted at you, but Dragon Boy's face can be scary." I nodded as I patted his arm in understanding.

Sudo and Ike had pulled him away quickly before he could say anymore. Hirata was looking at me concerned and so were some others, but I just patted Hirata's arm.

I smirked when I heard the familiar sound of a cane. I walked off back to my seat and then sat down as everyone was focused on Arisu who came in. "Is Yamauchi Haruki here?" She asked.

"Yeah, that's me." He pointed at himself.

"May I have a moment?" Arisu grinned sweetly.

"No problem, I have got time!" Yamauchi ran to go with her.