Chapter 21

The next day, I woke up late and went to get changed, but I got really confused when I looked inside my bag. "I heard animals steal things." I got up and went out to look for an animal trail like how Ike taught me to and soon I heard yelling confusing me, but I just kept looking around.

"I wonder if it's a cute animal." I mumbled happily.

"Rekka, are you okay?" Hirata bent down next to me as I was halfway in a bush.

"Yeah, some animal stole from me, so I'm trying to find it to get it back." I explained as I got out of the bush and grinned.

"What is it? I can help." Hirata looked really stressed for some reason.

"Underwear, I'm trying to find mine." I explained and he looked horrified. "Is it bad that I'm looking for an animal?"

"You genuinely think an animal stole it?" He asked me.

"Yeah!" I nodded, and he patted my head for some reason.

We then heard yelling and went over to see the girls are arguing with the boys. "Did the toilet do something?" I asked.

"Rekka, come over here. They stole Karuizawa's underwear!" Shinohara demanded.

"Wait, her underwear was stolen to?" I asked and they all looked horrified.

"You boys are disgusting!" Shinohara screeched, and I was surprised by her anger. "It's obvious that one of you stole them overnight!"

"It was probably that Ibuki girl, not us!" Sudo retorted.

"A girl would never steal something like that!" Shinohara argued.

"But from seeing your reaction over this situation, Ibuki could have stolen them just to trigger this." I added, and some of the boys looked at me gratefully.

"The point is, we can't camp in the same place as an underwear thief." Shinohara informed them, and the other girls with her agreed.

"Hey, everyone calm down." Hirata spoke up. "Do you have any proof that it was a boy who stole them?"

"That's why we came to you, Hirata. We want you to find the culprit." Shinohara explained and he looked nervous. "First, we request a search of all the boy's bags!"

"Okay, but to protect their privacy, could you allow the boys to handle the search?" Hirata asked and she accepted.

Once Kiyotaka found out what happened he patted my head. "We can buy some more when we get back, so don't go running off looking for an animal." He instructed me.

"But I think a cute bunny stole it and it could even be a bear, I want to see one." I whined and everyone looked at me a little confused or with pity.

I was with Hirata as I watched the line of boys for anything suspicious then I noticed something pink and Kiyotaka put it in his pocket. "It's best we don't have another big reaction, the camp will fall apart and it would be so annoying." I mumbled.

I went up to Hirata and whispered to him. "Please don't let this blow-up." I asked of him.

He was a little shocked then nodded, he finally finished searching the bags and found nothing. "For real?" Shinohara asked him when he told her the news.

"Yeah, it's clear now." Hirata informed her.

"No one did anything suspicious." I added.

"We can let them put their stuff away now, right?" Hirata asked. "After that, we can talk."

"I demand a pat-down. An underwear thief is a pervert. You don't know where he might be keeping them." Shinohara demanded and I felt like sighing, this interaction is getting so boring.