Chapter 67

"Why me?!" Yamauchi stood up so quickly that his seat slammed back against Ike's desk.

"You have contributed the least to the class all year," Suzune explained.

"That's not true!" He yelled even though it was. "And Ken and Kanji are just as bad as me!"

"True." Suzune let out. "But though you are on roughly the same level, you are still half a step behind."

It's true since Sudo has his strength and skill in sports. He has shown an improvement in attitude and wants to improve more. Ike teaches me about the outdoors, so he's way better than many people here and then Yamauchi is him.

"You can't be serious! You are choosing someone like me! Doesn't she make you guys mad?" Yamaichi turned to his friends. "Kanji? Ken?"

They looked away from him since they didn't want to be the next target. "Koenji's a problem child who even skips out on special exams!" Yamauchi pointed out. "I'm not nearly as bad as him."

"It's true that Koenji has a great deal to account for." Suzune nodded. "But in terms of sheer ability, he's far superior to you."

Koenji laughed at him and Yamauchi groaned and then looked to me. "Then how about-"

"You dare!" Yukimura yelled.

"Rekka is also why I say you are the one who needs to go," Suzune stated shocking everyone. "Rekka, I apologise that I didn't understand your silent calls for help till now, none of us did."

My what? Is it when I whined for more fish?

"Rekka you warned me that getting expelled could cause death, will that happen to you?" Suzune asked me and now I was getting it. She completely misunderstood my threats to her to shut up and pay attention to the people in the class.

She mistook it as me trying to protect her and to look out that I was actually being aimed at and would die if I got voted out.

I just meant to change her mental state to a logical one and then make her think of Yamauchi by having that accident this morning, but this works even better in my favour.

"Rekka?" Hirata spoke up. "That can't be true..."

"Is it?" Haruka asked me.

I nodded shocking many. "You guys didn't know?" I asked confused.

"No! We'd thought it would be best you leave since you have been unwell lately!" Ike added showing he was going to vote for me as well, but he does like Kushdia a lot so she would easily be able to manipulate him.

"You had stalkers then had a super high fever at Christmas!" Sudo added.

"When we came back you fainted at the end of the exam and looked after all of us." One of the girls mumbled not being able to look at me and stared at their lap.

"You seemed dazed recently then...today, you fell down the stairs. You should be somewhere with a lot more supervision." Kushida informed me.

"Oh, so you thought it would do me good?" I asked then laughed. " I thought you all wanted me dead! I'm glad you don't!"

"What does Rekka have to do with me being chosen?!" Yamauchi screamed.

"Shall I explain the two decisive reasons now?" Suzune asked and Yamauchi froze. "You were rallying negative votes to expel Rekka, were you not?"

"He was trying to expel Rekka?" Hirata gasped.

"Yes, it's indisputably true." Suzune nodded.

"That wasn't me!" He argued. "Someone else told me to vote against her!"