Chapter 4

Once we went back to class, everyone was desperately trying to get points off each other but we were left alone. "Thank god you're friendless, and I'm dying." I hummed since they didn't come after us.

We went back to our seats, and I was sitting on mine backwards since Kiyotaka told me to turn to him and not just my neck this time. "Do you have plans for lunch?" Suzune asked us way to quickly showing she was a little desperate.

"Trap? What do you want?" I asked.

She was a little shocked at my question while Kiyotaka just let out an eh.

"Food." She repeated.

"Good food?" I asked.

"No, hot food." Kiyotaka demanded.

"But I can't feel it and soups taste nice." I pouted at him.

"Then I will look after your temperature." Suzune held up a thermometer.

"Wow, you really want to use us!" I laughed as she just stared at me. "You got good bait and there are interactions, so let's go!"

I got up first and those two followed after me. "Don't go so fast." Suzune groaned and I turned to her. I can see she's getting more concerned for my health meaning she really does care for others, she can get hurt easily then.

We went to the cafeteria and got our lunch. "You're sure we can have this expensive special lunch set on your tab?" Kiyotaka asked.

"Yes, and she is already eating." Suzune pointed at me as I had some fish hanging out of my mouth. "Start eating, Ayanokoji."

He looked at me and I nodded.

He then ate it. "Now, I want you to hear me out." She finally admitted what we already know. "It seems Hirata and the others worked out their plan of action earlier today, they're going to hold a study group to prepare for the next test."

"Who isn't going?" I asked. "The bin assaulter?"

She paused. "Yes and two others with especially poor scores have refused Hirata's invitation to join, Yamauchi and Ike."

"Yeah, they don't really look like the studious type. I guess." Kiyotaka mumbled.

"I personally can't imagine how someone could fail a test." Suzune just looked down on most of the human race. "But, the fact remains that there are hopeless students out there for whom failure is nearly inevitable."

"Hopeless?" I asked.

"That's pretty cold, unlike your rice, be careful." Kiyotaka warned me.

"Got it." I nodded.

"I'm stating the truth, that's all." Suzune retorted. "If nothing changes, they will fail and if we want to get our class promoted its vital that we not only avoid losing points but that we also gain them, right?"

"So you want us to force them? Bribe them? Into studying." I asked. "Tickling is very effective."

"Yes and no." She answered.

"Are you serious?" Kiyotaka asked.

"Dead serious. They could damage Class D as a whole, if I really have been relegated to Class D then I will crawl my way up to Class A." Suzune showed her reasons why, it's just to climb the ranks again and get recognition.

"Wait a minute, did you just say Class A?" He asked her.

"Yes." She nodded.

"You know C comes first, right?" I asked. "Oh, a carrot!"

"Of course I do." She sighed. "I just find my assignment to Class D utterly unacceptable."

"So, step one is to rehabilitate the failures?" Kiyotaka looked at her and gave me some of his food.